Why Do Women Lie About This?

I'm 23 years old, just finished college and moved back in with my parents. I start my new job at the end of month with crazy good benefits, lucrative pay and profit sharing. On top of that, I will be working a weekend job as well... so I will be working 7 days a week for the next year!

My goal is live with my parents for that year, get all loans paid, save a bit, buy a new car (which I will customize down the road), save up a bit and then move out. This will take me roughly a year and a half.

Anyway, I keep losing women that I am interested in. This one girl was really infatuated with me... but after I told her I live with my parents and how I would need to be home at certain times so they don't worried. She seemed cool with it. I also told her my plan as well (as stated above). She eventually started drifting away from me and found a new guy. She barely talks to me anymore.

I asked her what she likes in a guy. She said she likes a guy who has his own place. A guy who has a good job. A guy with a car and a few other things.

I feel like being in the early 20s is the worst time for a guy. I can move out, be like everyone else and live a mediocre lifestyle for the next few years. But...

With my idea, I can get a nice car (which I will customize later) and a nice place down the road... nicer than what people have right now. And that also eliminates the roommate factor because I would have enough to live by myself.

Why don't women just admit they want a guy to have it all now, instead of a guy who lives with his parents and plots things out to live better than the other guys?

I have a car, people. I just use it to go to work. After everything is paid, I'm buying a better car.
ALSO. I haven't started working 7 days a week yet. I only work weekends right now until next month when I start my other job.

Most Helpful Girl

• well i think its the fact you dont have a job currently... forget the end of the month thing... you dont have a car a job or your own place... people are judgemental... so thats what it is... im 22 and i wish i could have a brand new car own place but yet still have time to enjoy all this stuff... in this life its either... dont work or work and make little money but have free time to enjoy stuff... or work hard and have all that stuff but no time to enjoy it... stop worrying about chicks right now honestly... get your job first and then your car... then the place is last... i mean a lot of girls want guys with their own place because they dont have their own place... my bro can't get a girl because he says they all want guys with their own place.. we only want this because i want to be able to go to your house and be with you instead of being out all the time... i live with my mom and for me im focused on getting my new car and getting rid of the old one... dont plan on moving out till i get my new car..

• I never said I didn't have a car. I have a car right now, a shitty one XD, but it's a car. But... I am getting a better one down the road.

• well , get your better car, dont feel bad i got a beat up bucket thats now leaking oil.. lol... if you can find a girl that will be with you when you have nothing... shell be a keeper.

What Girls Said 5

• The biggest problem for me here is not that you don't have a car (or a good car, honestly who the hell cares anyways) or that you're living at home. Actually, I commend you for living at home and saving money like you are. It's something that I seriously wish I did - I moved out at 18 to go to university in the same fucking city (seriously, like 20-30 minutes away from my parents) and it turned out to be a huge financial mistake on my part. Simply because I wanted the independence. Anyways, I digress.

What stands out to me is that you're working every single day. That means you probably can't stay out very long on dates if you have time for them at all. There's a lot on your plate with your jobs and maybe girls don't want to get too invested because of that.

• Haven't started working 7 days a week yet. I only work weekends right now and write stories (which I am trying to turn into books) during my off time.

I start working 7 days a week in November for the next year.

I just feel like, since I live at home, women don't want my time right now. Yes, living at home, I don't have the means to do certain things. After a year and after I move out, I will be able to do what I ant.

Fact of the matter, I keep losing women to men who already have an apartment and can do what they like.

• I wouldn't really care, unless he lives far away and I have drive to him and drive us around all the time. Tried that once, and it got old really fast. Other than that, I think it's a smart idea to stay at home and save up, if you can, rather than spend money you don't have to spend. I don't expect a guy to have all his shit together at 23, and that's not a problem. He's working on it, and so am I. Plus, I don't live with my parents, so privacy isn't really an issue.

• Wanting a guy who doesn't live with his parents and has his own car isn't the same as wanting a guy who "has it all." It's reasonable... and anyway, right now matters more than a couple years in the future when it comes to dating. You were barely even dating, and you expect someone to want to stick around and trust your plans for the future? If she had been your steady girlfriend I'd understand... but just some girl, no. And if we can find a guy we like who is completely independent, why would we choose a guy who isn't?

• You don't have the time to date quite frankly and that scares women away. Nothing wrong with having priorities in life but you can't expect a girl to wait around for you to have free time for her, plus you have to be home at a certain time. You should just wait until you become more available. Women don't want guys to have everything set up right away, but we definitely want some of his time so we feel special and like it's worth staying for.

• It doesn't sound bad on paper, but when you have to sneak around your parents and you always have to go to her place at 23 you're just too old for that. I'm personally thinking about getting married around 23-ish so to be with a guy that doesn't even have his own house would be horrible. I'm 19 and can barely stand my boyfriend living with his parents now! You can't run around like a 16 year old forever eventually you need to be able to hook up without parents breathing down your neck that just isn't cool.

At first you're like "oh ok it's temporary it's cool" but after about 6 months it starts to be like.. ok I'm tired of going "out" every night I want to stay in and just watch a movie together make out freaking spend the night. I know it seems ideal to save up money but that's just how it is. Save money or date. No girl wants to deal with parents all the time

What Guys Said 3

• You don't have time to date that's why. They probably figure that a relationship isn't that high on your list right now. Girls in their early twenties want spontaneity and not having to "schedule" time with u. You have a lot on your plate. And they see that

• unfortuneately it looks worse in guys than it does in girls

• as a guy who's lived with his parents off and on over the years I can tell you I've been through this one before when I was living with them in my small hometown. and there a lot more people would of known where I lived and that I didn't have own place. girls just seem to want it all and many don't seem willing to compromise much. some also aren't able to look that far ahead when there not even yet dating you , I know you plan to do all those things but to another person its just talk and ideas at this stage.