How do you feel about dating someone with a child? Or if you have a child, how do you feel about dating someone who doesn't?

Whether you're a man and dating a woman with a child, or a woman dating a man with a child, and vice versa? Just curious :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My daughter is three. I am in a serious relationship with a man who has no children and is almost three years younger then me. It doesn't bother me at all, he is amazing with her and he is such a wonderful man. Me having a kid didn't bother him at all. He believes that who I am as a person and the connection we share is most important. My daughter doesn't get in the way of our relationship at all, if anything she enhances it. And if a guy thought that a women having a kid is a Reason to have zero interest in them, then they are just close minded pricks. If the women doesn't expect the man to be her babies father figure, doesn't pressure him into being with the kid before he is ready, and makes one on one time with the man then having a child should not be an issue! Guys who don't date women cause they have a child, are not even giving a chance to a woman who is amazing and perfect for them.

What Guys Said 7

• I'd be very cautious. Having a kid tends to exponentially increase a women's gold-digger genes. And given that courts are now starting to have men pay child support for kids who aren't theirs if they behaved in a fatherly way, monetary entrapment would be on my mind.

I know their are a lot of great, honest single mothers out there, I have a sister and aunts like that as examples, but I think the potential risk would outweigh the potential reward for me.

So in general, as a man, it seems needlessly risky. Curious about the female perspective on a man with kids though, where the differences in perspective are.

• I have zero interest in dating someone who has a child.

• I would never date a girl with a child, I don't like children and I would really make a terrible father figure.

• I have been serious with two single mothers in the past. Never again. They make awesome platonic friends but the sex can be awful with a kid in the house. And if the kid is less than awesome then it is hard work. Huge responsibility

• I will keep my money. They may keep their problems.

• It depends.. if they are 30+ then no problem.. if they are 18-23 then they have poor decision making and would really need to show me that they are responsible before I would take it further.

• I wouldn't want to date a woman with a child. The reason being is because it's not my child and I will never have those emotional feelings for the child as if it were my own...

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't mind, but I'm not too good with watching/taking care of kids.
    I'd try it, but still be scared that their child wouldn't like me.

• My new bf has 3 kids, but they all live with their mom in their hometown, so not bother me at all so far. Even if this relationship will get more serious, I don't mind trying to be a good mom for them since I like kids :)))

• Couldn't care less either way.

• At my age its too intense. I couldn't handle that.