Dating and age gap opinion?

im 17 turning 18 soon. for some reason people always assume i'm like 20-24 years old, i just look older anyways i get checked out by older guys from 19-25. I don't mind dating a guy who's 19-22 years old but would guys have a problem with my age?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you're 18, probably not. It will depend how close the two of you are in terms of maturity. It will also depend upon how secure you both are--some people may try to call the guy a creep for dating someone "young and inexperienced." But if people aren't meddling with you and you two are fine with the age gap, no problem.

What Guys Said 4

• The rule is generally your age divided by 2 plus 7. If you are looking to date up I'd say call it 5 years?

• A lot of guys will see it as a problem until you hit 18, just for legal reasons, other than that most guys should be fine with it, assuming you are mature enough. maturity is far more important than your actual age

• no, I would date older girls or better said girls that have a working brain, are smart and don't make me look like a pedophile.

and I think you are overthinking

• Very few guys would have a problem with that.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say from talking to my guy friends, guys like what they like. Age isn't really so much as an issue as the person herself. Just make sure that if you're 17, you aren't engaging in any illegal activities (such as sexual intercourse) with a legal adult. Though both partners may be consenting, the justice system sees it differently and the older partner may be criminally charged. Too much trouble if you ask me! I suggest waiting until your 18 (or whatever the law allows where you reside) before engaging in a relationship with someone who is considered a legal adult.
    Btw, remember that no matter what age you are, YOU have the right to say no if you're not ready!
    Good luck! Practice safe happiness! :D

• as long as your 18 .. any age above that is fine... im 22 and dated 30 year olds etc... 18 is not far from 25.. when you are 20 hell be 27... you both are adults... and will be elderly at the same time... when your 70 hell be 77

• I think age gaps are fine no matter how big (in moderation) as long as your at least 18. When I was 19 I dated a guy who was 22 almost 23