Why do I get so weird when I start to like a guy?

Whenever I meet a guy, I am totally cool. I can tell that they like me but I like to pretend that I don't like them. Sometimes when a guy gets my number and we hang out I am still fine, but when he starts to flirt I get nervous and then don't really want to see them again. I also get so so nervous when they want to kiss me, I think the awkward eye contact before a kiss freaks me out. Why do I get like this? I feel like I scare guys away. I know I am not super vocal about my feelings and I'm not the best flirter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Time will make you better and more used to everything. They are just your hormones acting up, but once you get used to it, you can control you actions event though you'll probably be squealing in the inside.

What Guys Said 2

• How old are you? My take on this is your just not ready for dating. Try just having friends and kick back and take it easy

• You are not mentally grown up and are not capable of taking part in relationship, make friends then friends with benifits then strike for bf and dates.

What Girls Said 1

• Your situation sounds just like mine! All the guy friends I've made don't want to stay friends, and keep trying to hit on me? Texting me that I'm beautiful every night is just plain creepy. Now people at work are gossiping about me and how I'm a bitch who gives out her number like water but doesn't text back. All I wanted was guy friends because I've never had any, and now I want to quit my job.