How to not be the jealous type?

I hate to admit this -- I'm THAT girl, who gets jealous of other girls. I'm dating a new guy, and he has a lot of girls who are friends. I haven't said anything to him yet -- infact I'd rather not, because it's ruined relationships for me before.
I get jealous easily. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• I am similar in a way to this guy. I talk to more women than guys. I practice lots of yoga and I have seen women who I know who actually gave that "jealous" look when I hug and kiss other women at my classes. I will admit this as a guy, I think some guys are amused when they are dating a girl who has a jealous streak. That is who you are and as long you both are committed to each other, does it matter if you get jealous? Here's another hint: You might be dating guys that are "free" spirited guys. I would suggest maybe a Leo, Taurus or Scorpio guy for you since they get jealous too. Maybe that would help you both out. Just a suggestion.

What Guys Said 2

• jealousy doesn't have to be a bad thing, you can discuss it with him as long as you don't try to decide who he can or can't hang out with. To me jealousy shows that you care for someone, although it can be annoying when you get too jealous and show it very often (like your mood gets affected by it etc.). But I think if you tell him that those girls make you jealous in a calm way (not in the way like "You can't hang out with them anymore!") you can come a long way with just talking about it.

• Also, I get really antsy when I don't hear from him. We used to text like non stop, then a few days ago he wasn't messaging me as much. I guess I should just assume he's busy?

• Well then again, fifa 15 is out.. haha no just kidding. There could be all sorts of reasons.. that doesn't mean he doesn't love you anymore.

• By not not-trusting your partner and realizing that just because you are acquaintances with members of the other sex it doesn't mean you want to have sex with them and have kids for the next 50 years.

What Girls Said 2

• You just need to remind yourself that he wants YOU, he chose YOU, if he wanted somebody else, I'm sure he would be with her instead, but he doesn't because he likes YOU.
    Why be jealous of people who you got chosen ahead of.
    A little bit of jealousy can make a guy feel special sometimes I guess, but too much will leave him wondering if he chose wrong.

• don't work yourself up over little things.