What does my BF mean I'm like a Lamborghini with a?

My BF of 4 years said I was like a "Lamborghini with a few scratches and he would be a fool not to be in love with me. " should I be offended he compared me to an object? Is this a good thing? Does he really live me or just loves the idea of "owning" a Lamborghini (me)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitly overthinking it.

Most guys would have to win the lotto to buy a lambo (you). So it means he values you very high.
    With a few scratches he could mean that maybe you've been through something rough but that he still wants you badly or that you have maybe one or two imperfections, which everybody has, but that he's happy to take them with his perfect lambo (you)

What Guys Said 6

• omg facepalm

Don't know if this girl is just fishing for more compliments or relishing in the moment, or if she's just genuinely lacking in her mental facilities.

As Steve Martin said, "Some people have a way with words, others... um... ugh... not no they don't so much."

To quote Voltaire, "Don't let the 'perfect' become the enemy of the 'good.'"

Just because we're not "perfect" doesn't mean we're not "good," and there's nothing "wrong" or "bad" with being "good." I think that's what he was trying to tell you, that you're "amazing," even if you have a few "imperfections" here and there. I'm sorry if you feel offended that you're not "perfect."

I'm also sorry if you're too good for "analogies" or "metaphors," or if the only thing you understood from that metaphor was "he looks at me like an object that he enjoys owning."

Seriously, stop "projecting" your own sexist ideas about men and their sexuality into what's an otherwise very easy metaphor to understand, and doesn't imply or even suggest that he thinks of you like an "object" that he "owns.'

*leaves while rolling eyes*

• I don't know pnl86 what your problem is, but I suggest u go get that gigantic stick removed out of your bum and get some serious help ASAP!

• I'm sorry sweet cakes, for getting you so hot and bothered you got; I only imagined you were "slightly" insecure, if I would have known it was this bad, I would have toned it down a bit to not have it hit so close to home and as intensely as it did. I'll tell you what though, because I'm just that nice, I suggest you use all that passion and learn from this hilarious exposure of reality, rather than blow up deeper into some emotional rage. I mean, that is, of course, if you're interested in having a long-term relationship with a man... by some means other than keeping him in some cage... so to speak. After all, are you looking for a relationship where someone wants to "voluntarily" be with you (despite having absolute freedom to do as he pleases), or would you prefer to own a pet? I hear matipoo mixes are very popular this season.

• I think I'm actually slightly turned on...

• well you might be right on both accounts, I can't properly judge because I don't know the guy personally. him comparing you to an object could've just been his easy way to express how valuable you are to him. it could just be his personality that he does not really know how to sum up his expression in another more thoughtful way. I wouldn't take it as bad, its a compliment regardless.

• You women and your overthinking. A Lambo is one of the highest, best cars a guy could want. It's a metaphor for something that he thinks is fantastic and wonderful. You have a few issues, but nothing he can't overlook to be with you.

• That's what I was thinking too. Some women just completely complicate simple metaphors.

• upload.wikimedia.org/.../...va_Motor_Show_1375.JPG

You were compared to this. This is a complement.

• What he means is you're a beautiful woman, even if you have had some crap happen to you in the past, he still loves you for what you are.

• I think he says that if you are the car then he will not buy a new car because you got a few scratches. he will be loyal towards you cause he went with that lambo through thick and thin.

I would be offended if he told me I were a Opel Corsa cause that means I am not sexy

• Lol I like how u think :)

• Haha I'm not mad... Just concerned he may be idealizing me or the Idea of me. I mean I know people who would love to drive a Lamborghini, but not own one cuz of the maintenance costs lol

• if he is rich you could've said "what if you buy a bugatti? would you stop driving me for your brand new car" then in the ideal case he would be like.. "oh baby I would never get any other car no matter how fast and how good it looks cause.. your a unique car and I love every scratch you have" (di caprio overload)

What Girls Said 5

• I would take it as a huge compliment, Lamborghinis are awesome XD And nobody's perfect, everyone's got a few "scratches" :)

• You're cute and theoretically perfect but somethings are a little off.

• You mean like in almost the one, but not quite?

• No. Nobody needs a completely perfect girl. They like our flaws I think lol

• That's an awesome compliment! My bf is a car enthusiast and I have also been compared to a vehicle. I just accepted that's it's his special way of saying he loves me. Lol!!

• You're not an object lol. If I were compared to a Lambo, I'd be so flattered. He doesn't necessarily think he owns you.

• Have you ever seen a Lamborghini? They are crazy beautiful expensive cars and few can afford to have one. Yes, I would definitely take this as a compliment. The 'couple of scratches' bit, I interprete as him recognizing your flaws and saying that it doesn't matter, he loves you with them too. It's pretty sweet :)

• I have driven one... It was beautiful white one but I wouldn't own one. I know it was his way of complimenting me I just don't want to be idealized.