Is it true that if a guy really likes a girl, he'll be with her?

Is it true that a guy will be with a girl no matter what if he likes her? Or can things come in between?

If she likes him too but he may give excuses, does that then still mean he likes her

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily... if a guy really likes the girl he could potentially win her over by pure persistence and the time to prove himself. But ultimately it's the girl who chooses the guy she will end up with. It doesn't matter how much he like her, if she doesn't feel the same it's never going to happen.

• Perhaps I wasn't clear, sorry for that but I mean if the girl liked him and he had excuses such as distance, work, priorities etc. To me they seem as excuses but was wondering if they could be real reasons

• Ahh ok. No I believe that if he really likes her then he will find a way to make it happen. But If he was in love with her, he would drop everything to be with her, job, location he would leave his life behind to be with the one he loves.

• Just as I thought, thanks :)

What Guys Said 4

• Things can come in between, but I'd he's really into her, nothing will stop him.

• But 'I'd' I meant 'if'. Damn typo

• You wouldn't clear it up with her? In my case, its age (he is 4 years younger) and distance ( I am on exchange). But since I don't care... why does he.. or why now.. after we kissed. I feel a little cheated, although I have no right to

• She won't respond to a simple text message. She'll answer a call but I've put the ball in her court. We weren't dating, but things were definitely looking like they could progress further. And something is amiss because she's blown me off twice to hang out with two losers who treat her like garbage when I was doing EVERYTHING right.

• that's not ALWAYS true

• For me yes.

• Guy really likes girl + Girl doesn't like guy = Guy doesn't get girl

Life isn't a romantic movie.

• As I said, if the girl likes him too

• I said it under Calvin369's comment, apologising for not being clear of course. Either way updated it now ;)

• Ah, I get ya. Yes, I think if a guy really likes a girl (or vice versa) then they will make a serious effort to be with them - time and distance, they will do their best to find a way to get together with their special person. :)

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on how much he likes her and what priorities he places above her.

• In my case, everything comes before me :P

• Yeh I understand that, we were friends and eventually kissed. Which ruined everything but ok... maybe some day a guy would actually like me :). Sucks to learn the same lesson over and over... makes you feel like you're maybe not worth it for any guy

• you'll find someone eventually. not everyone finds the right person at the same age. :) I'm sure you're likeable.

• Id say things can come in between.. career, children from a previous marriage, a best friend, a relative, etc etc

• Sometimes both sides may be in love with each other but due to other factors their relationship is impossible. In life you don't always get what you want :(

• Things can come between.