Guys! Why does everyone I meet assume I have a boyfriend or I have dated before?

Im a 19 year old who has never dated or been asked out. One guy asked me to hang out but that's it.

Most people assume that I hacer dated or am dating... Just yesterday my friend's boyfriend asked me where my boyfriend was lol

Also?
What are some reasons you think a 19 year old hasn't been approached in that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• you're most likely hot

• Lol no trust me I'm not I'd say average

• Haha of course!
      Me too pal :)

• ooh noice:D TyvM!:)

What Guys Said 14

• Because there's this perception that attractive outgoing girls get approached and asked out frequently. Guys tend to think that other guys are more confident than they are so if they see a pretty girl they automatically think that a more confident guy has already taken her. This leads guys to not approach ironically leaving the pretty girls unapproached. I often find though that the pretty girls have boyfriends so I wonder how prevalent my theory is.

• Ohh I see now; what about average ladies like myself?

• You're probably hot or cute or pretty. There's a quality about you that they assume must attract people so that's why they're suprised to find out you're single.

And you called yourself average? Did you mean face wise, body wise or both? Cause some girls have cute faces and while others have good bodies so any combination could visually translate to many people as hot, pretty, cute, etc.

• If a guy asks: "Oh where is your boyfriend?" He is flirting with you and he wants to find out if you have a boyfriend.

• Lol I doubt it that would be very awkward haha but he was trying to touch my hair

• Oh sorry, I read a friend of your friends boyfriend haha. No indeed that would be very strange.. Well it could be that you are beautifull and people automatically assume that you must have dated before or have a boyfriend.

• Haha it's okay & meh I'm not that attractive I'd say average best

• Because some men feel inadequate or not loving himself 100%
    That's why he automatically assume you have a boyfriend which appears actually you aren't.

• Lol no in not dating and I don't even talk to any guy that way right now

• Then what're u asking actually?

• I was asking why people assume that I have a boyfriend but yeah I got your response

• People just have assumptions as to what 'normal' behaviour is, and my favourite bit is when you tell them otherwise, they then ask 'why not?'

FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY NOT. Mind your own business.

• Haha yeah I totally understand lol

• Maybe it's your 'aura' or the way people perceive you that leads to them thinking that you're 'taken' or in an exclusive relationship

• Maybe its the way you present yourself. The way you interact with people and on top of that you are attractive to people. Just throughing some ideas out there.

• Lol yeah I'm interactive and easygoing but I'm average aphysically

• Maybe what you think is average, others think is above average. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

• Lol true that, thank you very much!

• maybe because you might be really pretty and you look like girlfriend materiel so everyone assumes you are taken. it could help if you wear one big sign on your shirt that says IM SINGLE

• Haha no I'm just average with an 'ok body' I guess and hahaha lol that's hilarious!

• I think because some expect it of singles. When they pose the question and you answer, they're shocked. Floored. And some are just naturally curious if not nosy and can't mind their own business.

• Lol definitely could be that

• Are you a virgin too?

• I was going to say, let the master handle that for you.

• Good luck with that

• Sarcasm I presume?
      You're the one that needs it. I really hope you change your attitude and maybe then you'll find the good girl you're looking for.

• Because most attractive women aren't angle

• not true, most attractive women are angled at 80-90 degrees

• Lol what about average women? Or a bit below that because I don't think I'm that attractive

• you must be, a very pretty girl

• Lol not really average at best that's why it surprises me

• Yup! Thank you so much for your input :) you're very helpful dude

• lol, thanks, I'm glad I could help

• Times have changed

• You must be pretty

• Lol that's what many said but im not that pretty; the people who call me that are close friends/family member (especially those who I meet)
      I have also been called ugly and I doubt that they mean my personality because I'm one of the nicest people on this planet lol
      That's why I don't get it?

• Either Tall , ugly , hot or intimidating those are the most common reason guys won't ask you out.

• Tall I am not 5'3
      Hot haha pretty sure no
      Intimidating unless I was 'hot' so that a no
      Ugly... I guess most likely
      I agree probably very common

What Girls Said 7

• Because people are stupid and in our days not having a bf or a gf is something to die for. It's nothing weird, good for you. That's just because of the preconception most of the people have; if you don't have a bf at 19, you're a freaking virgin and no one likes you, if you have had bfs and like dating and having sex at 19 you're just a whore and have no respect for yourself, you should have studied more. You see, people would never change, and neither their infect thinking. You do what you want and listen to no one on this kind of matters.

• So very true!!! Thanks so much :)

• I like virgins, they are pure and have an aura of innocence and altruism to them. Whores on the other hand, I like not so much :l

• well most people have had boyfriends, so I would just assume that you had no matter how pretty you are. however usually guys ask about a hypothetical bf to see if you have one...

• Lol yeah true probably & I don't know why would he care as to if I do or not lol I doubt he cared

• I've never had a boyfriend either girl and I find myself in the same situation

• I get this question a lot from guys. When I say no im single. They're like im shocked!

• Lol
    I am always asked now 'why you aren't married'.

I used to hear that question you mention when I was younger:)

• Haha the world is so weird lol

• Lol yeah!

I sometimes tell people ' do you think I will find Mr Right in a chocolate box at the market?'

Yeah some people have wrong and very simple expectations.

• Lol right!

• Im 19 and i have never dated anyone or had a boyfriend, but people just assume im a non-virgin that has or have had boyfriends. I dont know why you haven't been asked on a date, but maybe its the way you present your self or the way you c ome across. For all you know you come across like someone that don't want to get approached. Like stadig with your armd crossed, or maybe you dont smile enough etc

• Lol totally girl! And I do smile

• They don't know hat they are saying.