How can I tell if he is interested in more than sex?

I've been seeing this guy for almost two months now. We've been having sex since date three and we see each other about once a week. In between dates we really only talk to make plans/small talk. Our dates have ranged from getting drinks to watching netflix. He's also introduced me to all his friends, which I know is a good sign. I'm really starting to like him but I know it's too soon for the "what are we/are we exclusive" talk. Yet I also know I am getting attached emotionally so I don't want to wait too long to have that talk either. My fear is that he doesn't actually want anything serious and that he likes having sex with me and that's it.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Introducing to friends is a good sign. However, only seeing each other once a week for netflix and sex, plus little communication in between is not good. You're right, it may be a bit soon to bring up the "talk" even if he is interested in more, so it's probably best to act according to what feels right to you to figure it out. For example, suggest that your next date be somewhere public (like a real date) and don't sleep with him. Make up some reasonable excuse as to why you can't come over.

A man who wants to be your boyfriend will be perfectly fine with this, a man who is not will be annoyed. Not having sex on one date is normal in a relationship. I understand that means you'll go over a week without hooking up, but that's his fault for only wanting to see you once a week.

See how he reacts after this. If he handles it well and still asks you to hang out again after, then maybe attempt to bring up the "talk." I find it's best not to do it in a direct, "What are we," way. But more in a, "Listen I don't know if you're seeing other people, but I personally don't like sleeping around, and want to be on the same page on what we're doing physically/emotionally here" way. That way, you're still giving the impression that you didn't assume the role of girlfriend yet, and want to know for yourself, not for him. You'll know depending on where he takes that questions as to where you stand.

What Guys Said 7

• I have met many of my friends fuck buddies, fwbs or bedroom partners and whatever term is used so I won't get too happy about meeting friends. You have been having sex once a week at least for the past two months with this guy so I don't see why it's too soon to talk about what type of relationship you have. I think your more worried on his answer but you owe to your self to sitdown and have that convo with him very soon.

• cut him off for a month or 2 and see how he acts.

• Traditional dating is about having sex and that's it, most of the time. You're right to assume that's going on, so the sooner you try to define the relationship, mthe sooner he will run away!

• If you do stuff together other then have sex, and he introduces you to his friends, its not -just- sex.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a monogamous relationship either.

You can ask, and you can share what you want.

If he's the sort of guy who freaks out because you -ask- then A) it's not happening and B) he's likely incapable of having a relationship anyway.

The right guy wants a relationship.

The right guy is also able to handle awkward conversations without throwing a tantrum.

• You think he hasn't made his mind up in two months? ha ha go ahead give him two years why don't cha. ASK HIM, tell him how you feel before it's too late. The friends thing is nothing rea;;y, I have brought my cutties around plenty of my male and female friends. It's not too big.

• Two months actually sounds like a good time to start having the "talk".

• It's possible, and there's no way to tell until you talk it out with him. A guy doesn't do anything differently when he just wants sex, than when he wants more.

What Girls Said 2

• well dont give him the sex yet if your unsure that means it too early i would honestly say 2-3 months is a good time to start up with sex... but thats my opinion... and meeting his friends doesn't mean anything--guys bring a lot of girls around their friends... i met this guys friends one time and then found out he had a freaking girlfriend... so of course they know her as well.. i was like all kicking it with them at one of his friends houses so yeah... a lot of guys use the friend meeting thing to get you hooked.. but not all guys.. just the few sneaky ones

• Honestly not me this is why you dnt have sex right away because once he knows he already has you in a sense why commit... next time make them work for it first than you'll see how much they really care. My bf waited for 9 mths and he respected me.. i asked why are you willing to wait bot many are.. he said because your worth it.. and I want you to do it when you feel you are ready