Is it weird that the guy I like is 3 years older than me?

Im 14 and he's 17. help! PLEASE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it depends on your maturity and the guy's interest. If you're both fine with that and it's a healthy relationship, it's not weird at all :)

• thanks! and he is deff mature. he has a job, pays for his own supplies. he's mature. trust me

• Thanks for MHO!

• YOOUR WELCOMEEE!(:

What Guys Said 6

• Well, when he turns 18 he will be legal adult, in most states you won't be
    the age of consent until age 16 , i imagine you two can date not even sure
    but definitely no sexual contact at all.

• The younger you are the weirder it is. For that same reason though, as you get older the less people will mind. Once you're both legally adults no one will care.

• No, it's not weird at all.

• No thats real strange. I think you should see a psychiatrist.

• no. i guess it sorts is but when you are in your 20s its fin for some reason. i guess its ok

• Didn't know we were still asking elementary school-like questions about age. Are you serious? By the time you are 18, age is just a number...

• okay. no need to be a smart ass. I was just asking

• GAH!!! You confused me! Why did you lie about your age? Lol. I looked at your (25-29) thing before answering the question and thought you were really 25-29 -_-.

You're only 14 and he is 17? Yeah... that's kinda a big age difference. When you turn 18, it won't matter.

What Girls Said 9

• That's a little weird at the moment, yes. You probably shouldn't do anything about it until you're like 16/17 yourself. As you get older, 3 years won't matter as much. But right now, when you're only 14, I'd say it matters. When I was 17/18, I liked a guy who was 24 lol. So 14 and 17 isn't even nearly as bad. I'm just thinking that he might think you're a bit childish or something, I dunno. That depends on both you and him, however.

• thanks!(:

• Ah, just read that he likes you back. Congrats, that must mean he doesn't think you're childish haha. :) Just be careful, don't let him pressure you into doing something you don't want to do.

• Not weird at all. It's normal since older guys have more life experience :) Feelings are feelings, right? Age doesn't matter unless he's much older than you when you're a minor.

• thank you! its not gonna be any different than any other relationship, right? too young for sex anyways. lol

• Hope it goes well :) Good luck :)

• TYSM

• It's not weird but when he turns 18 and you're 15 it will make things a bit difficult.

• yes! I thought ab that! im sure we can make it work

• I think it's totally fine. The guy i'm dating is 3 years older than me so yeah. XD I mean my tia is 46 and she dating a guy who was younger than one of her kids...(the guy is like 22) so i think a 3 years difference is just damn fine. Hope this helped you!

• its natural for girls to like older guys lol

• No it's normal but it'll be hard do make him interested at that age.

• No it's just age...

• ik! weve already talked about him being a adult and me being a minor! thanks anyways!(:

• Nope. I got with a 20 year old when I was 17 :)

• ouu. rule breaka over here.. haha. thanks (:

• I don't think it's that bad.. When I was 8 I had a crush on a guy who was 11 hahah