Straights girls dating gay women?

what do gay people think about "straight women turning lesbian"? I have heard and said a lot of times that "i wish i was lesbian" and to some extent i actually mean it. It would be so much easier to date a girl! Anyway, what do especially lesbians or bi girls think about straight girls either dating or hooking up with gay women? My sister is gay, and i dont think she would be happy if i started dating women lol
So do you think its stupid or do you think its hot? Would you date a straight girl if she was the one to suggest it?

You can have your own opinion, but if your not gay or if you don't know anyone that is, please dont answer my question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, obviously if a woman agrees to date a gay woman, she is not straight. She may have been identifying as straight, but she isn't. But the appeal for a lesbian to date a 'previously straight' woman is the exact same as gay men going after 'straight guys'. And having been in the role of a straight guy going to a gay bar with gay friends, it is like being a frickin' beacon.

What I think is happening is similar to how a lot of guys like to go after virgins. And I don't mean the guys that are virgins themselves, doing it for religious reasons. Some people just like to be 'the first'. Look at how many people will just go and post 'first' on a forum thread, just to plant a flag? Being the first, especially in a sexual situation, gives you complete control over how things go. The other person will usually be tentative, unsure, not know what is 'normal' and what is a personal kink.

So it is a bit of "I'm like the Christopher Columbus of lesbians" mixed with the "She will ALWAYS remember me, because I'm her first lady" mixed with "I get to call the shots here".

Definitely not just a woman thing though, as a lot of gay men are all over this idea.

What Guys Said 5

• Ok, here the thing. There is no problem with converting, but if i were u, go bi. don't be full. its next to impossible to be full with out even bi, mostly cause one, u were/are straight, soooo liking women, would mean ur bi. so think about that. Once you've been with a girl then make the choice of being full, or not. Btw, im telling you this cause i'm bi, and i have been with both guys and girls. Thou i enjoy the sexual experiences with women, i rather have the emotionally stable mind-set of a gay/bi guy. Overall, i have found that dating someone who is bi (Guy or girl) or gay (Guy) i have always found them more caring overall then a straight person. So, Try it first, then make up ur mind between them.

• you know people can't convert from one sexuality to another right? Its not a choice... anyway i'm not turning anything, i'm straight and i will be straight until something or someone can prove me otherwise. I don't think you understand my question either, but thanks for answering anyway

• You think it's easier dating a girl? HA! Women are FAR more petty and more prone to bickering than men. They compete with each other over clothes and hairstyles for crying out loud. Women over analyze everything they hear or see, or think about. If I had a dime for every time I heard of a woman talking about "thinking about breaking up with a guy even though he treats her so well, looks after, does anything she asks, she can't be happy because she's paranoid, or because she THINKS he isn't serious about." And what's funny about lesbian relationships, is there's usually the "butch" who takes on the MALE role, and the "bitch" who is the female role. So , it really ends up about the same.

• Its funny because on your profile it says "introverted loner"

• @Haru-Izo No disrespect taken. :) I know plenty of gay men and women. And you're right, most are nice and caring. In the end though, in the relationships they end up fighting about the very same things "Straight" couples fight about. "He doesn't respect my feelings" "Why am I always taking charge in the bedroom?" "She isn't listening to me". It's still the same thing.

• I understand what, Btw, thank you for being so nice! But, the fact is, that the fighting and stuff can come up more times if ur not with a caring person, doesn't matter if he/she is bi/gay. Your gonna fight about shit, its in our blood to. just i have experienced, that when we (Being my boyfriend/bi girlfriend) has always ended better then a fight with my straight girlfriend. Maybe its just that i date shitty girls, but i often do not go for the best look/ most poplar/ party-ers/ sluts. So idk, that just my own opinion, i just think from what i have seen, it is easier to date one of ur own sex, cause u know how ur sex thinks, acts, ect. so defusing a problem is more simple.

• why would it matter to the gays if a straight person wanted to convert? unless its a pride thing.

• most women are a little on the lesbian side actually LOL

• "Yeah, so I'm like, a lesbian now. XD"

Does sound quite stupid to me.

What Girls Said 6

• If you want to date/be in a relationship with/have sex with women, you're not really straight.

• im fully aware of that, but that was not my question though...

• I never said you were, either. I used "you" in a general sense.

• oooh... my bad lol

• Its one thing to experiment but its impossible to change sexual orientation

• You don't get to just decide one day that you're homosexual.

• omg... do you really think i dont know that? But if it was possible i would choose to be gay for sure

• "Would you date a straight girl if she was the one to suggest it?" In this scenario the gay girl only knows that the straight girl is straight. Its a reason why i wrote "straight girl" and not just "girl"

• ... okay...

• You can't turn gay, you are born that way.

• i know that... my question wasn't "can i turn gay", i'm asking what gay women think of the whole concept! I never said i was going to date women..

• I just read it as "What do gay women think about straight women, trying to turn gay."

• Please stop making women look bad

• That is stupid and disrespectful towards gay women. Date gay women only if you are attracted to them and mean it.

• Okay, thanks for your opinion! I think my sister would have said something like that