Can people after breaks ups?

can people after breaks become friends as they were before or does that all fall apart? i like my best guy friend and he likes me but i dont wanna lose him if we break up!

Most Helpful Guy

• Almost never. When you break up with someone, the ONLY reasonable expectation you can have is that your relationship with that person is over forever, period, because 95+% of the time, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Are there exceptions? Yes, on rare occasions, when neither person has any desires or romantic emotions for the other person, they can be friends, but we both know how rare that is.

Girls always seem to want to "stay friends" after a breakup, but you need to learn that that's not a reasonable expectation, and you should learn to go ahead and assume it's not going to happen.

What Guys Said 4

• its possible but most cases that's not the case.

• depends on why you break up.

• It typically falls apart. It's never the same

• It can be done. It has been done. However, once sex is involved in a relationship, it most likely will be changed forever.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't even do it man. Unless you see yourself married with this guy, it's probably gonna end shitty and you'll ruin a very important friendship. I promise you, it's not worth losing the friend. You'll fuck it up forever :(