Girls in church life, is it important for a guy to be a virgin?

I've been involved in a Christian group at the college I go to and I can happily say I've been really feeling at peace with these people. A few years ago to even a few months ago I did many things I wasn't proud of, many bad habits, bad influences, etc. I am very experienced sexually, I've had many partners and one night stands, this used to be something I grew very proud of but things have changed.

From what I see most guys and girls in this group are very pure and were raised in the church life, and knowing what I've done in the past I feel kind of like the odd guy out. I've tried to get to know some of the girls just through conversations but I'm afraid to tell too much.

Do y'all think they will think of me negatively if they know about my past? This may sound ridiculous but I'm afraid if they know I'm not a virgin this will have a negative impact.

Most Helpful Girl

• Big part of Christianity is forgiveness and I think this you can just tell. And some Christians are really modern (at least here in Europe), It kind of depends on the church. I do think some Christian girls would prefer to marry a guy who is not so experienced too. But if someone really loves you that should not be an issue.

What Girls Said 5

• yes it is. if he's not a virgin, he doesn't stand a chance with me. seriously.

its great that youv changed tho, but believe me when i say that ur not the only guy who isn't a virgin in the youth. same with girls. i am ashamed to say that iv seen people making out BEHIND the church walls... these 'christians'. this is why atheists find us stupid. because so many of us preach and dont practice. I'm guilty of that too at times.

but look, some girls are more lenient. they will accept it I'm sure. as for someone like me, i just find it really hard=/

• They definitely wouldn't. It would actually bring you all closer. :) reason: you chose the brighter path of life which is strengthening your religious background.

• It would be a great bonus if the man still was a virgin :P
    Personally as a Christian, I'm a little more lenient with sexual concerns. I would still pursue if he's had less than 2 partners.

• doesn't matter if he is a virgin or not

• We're all sinners with screwed up pasts. If they judge you based on your past, they are not real christians.

What Guys Said 2

• I've been in your situation. It tends to run in one of two camps. They judge you a little or they are a little attracted to that because you are different from the other guys around them.

• I'm still a virgin and sometimes i wonder if there are still any christian girls who are still virgins as it seems everyone has lost their virginity at some point