Wrong to date a friend's ex?

So let's say that my friend's ex has a thing for me. Would it be wrong to pursue her? He's not a really good friend. More like an acquaintance.

I know the whole bro code thing, but is it wrong? I mean, my ex is dating an old friend of mine...

Most Helpful Guy

• "Bro Code" doesn't mean jack.

Are you your own man, or are you a lemming? Do your own thing. Date her if you want, and if he gives you trouble, give trouble right back.

What Girls Said 4

• yes it wrong... dont be like your ex... she's obviously a homie smasher... dont date his ex... because at one time you guys were close friends.. dont try to down play your friendship so you won't feel so bad about thinking about dating her... dont do it..

• I'm not doing it to get back at my ex. I mean, I had a crush on this girl back before her ex even started dating her.

• who wants to smash someone their friend smashed... im just saying...

• Both of them are both virgins. They are highly religious and agreed to wait till marriage if it ever got that far.

• Really, it all comes down to one thing.

If this caused him to be mad, or out of your life altogether...

Do YOU care?

• depends how they broke up. Was it one ended (she broke his heart/she dumped him) or was it just not working out? If they broke up because they mutually agreed that they didn't work together then what's stopping you from giving it a shot? But if it was a painful break up for him and he's not over it then you might want to stay away. Then again if you think she's worth ending your friendship then why not?

• It wasn't working out. They were on and off and it was to the point where I didn't even know they broke up. Both of them mutually agreed on it.

• If he's just an acquaintance & you don't really profess any real loyalty to him then no. Even if he was a good friend, it depends.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd never date a close or even decent friends ex but yeah, if I hadn't known that friend long maybe I would. A decent friend of mine kept fighting with his girlfriend and she began flirting with me when he wasn't around, I played oblivious to it. He'd kick the crap out of me if something went on with us but that wasn't the main reason why I didn't try something, it's just not in my moral code to interfere with a relationship, same thing if they just broke up. Close friends would be a huge no for me even if they were broken up for decades

• It depends on how good of a friend you 2 are. Good friend, no way. Not so good friend, heck yeah go for it. But if you can not decide, just text him and say. LOL bro funny question, then ask if you could. Bro's respect others if they ask. But a no is a no.

• Depends how much you care about him liking you but since he's only an aquintance then it doesn't matter.