Dating someone barely legal?

Sooo... awhile back I met this guy who is 20 (I'm 24 /25 in 2mos) & I didn't really think about it again then last week I saw him again he asked if he could get to know me... and ever since we're on the phone for hours he's intelligent, funny, interesting, encouraging, extremely blunt &open just all around amazing everything I've ever wanted in a man & he wants to take me out.. but I'm almost 5 yrs. Older than him & he works a lot & we both have jealousy issues & I'm worried that maybe all that will just work against us.. He's so amazing though I don't wanna miss out on something special also let's be honest I'm worried about what my family & friends are gonna say I can already hear the "cradle robber" comments :/

Most Helpful Girl

• No a 20 year old and a 25 year old is fine.
    I'm 19 and think it'd be socially acceptable for me to date anyone up to the age of 25 and it not be weird. I think it's only weird when two people are in different life stages and have no business dating each other like a 20 year old and a 26 year old that's already been married and has a kid you know? In that case that 26 year old should be with someone in the same life stage as them (had a family or is ready to settle down with one.. they'd actually be in the same "life stage" as a 43 year old in that scenario) and I'd consider THEM robbing the cradle, but in your case you guys seem to both be at the same points in your lives and to want the same thing out of life. That's what's important.

And I wouldn't call 20 "barely legal" at all. He's had 2 years to find his footing. It'd be different if he just turned 18 and had no direction in life and you were 25 trying to get with him though because again you'd be in different stages in life

What Guys Said 4

• there's no such thing as barely legal you either are legal age or arent, you watch too much p*rn

• Haha I meant like he's barely out ta highschool not even legal to drink lmao nothing to do with p*rn

• he's 20 years old

• whaa.. no. just make your own experience about him and don't let people confuse you or tell you that the guy you want is bullshit before you tasted it yourself.

• u r afraid of people commenting on ur relation being true they will say even if there is someone of same age or anything elsenso dont worry of people saying smthing

• That seems fine to me. It's not like he literally just turned 18. He's 20

What Girls Said 6

• My guy is 11 years older. I'm 19, he's 30.
    If you have interest in him explore it. That's what's great about being young. When we get older the field gets much smaller.

• Just go with it. Other peoples opinions are none of your business. Also, their opinions are just that, opinions, they don't hold any truth.

Why should you miss out on a possibility of a fantastic relationship with someone because a few people have issues about it?

• Ahh okay thank you I don't know I felt like maybe I was a creep for considering him

• Cradle robber?
    If you want to, go for it (:

• you will never know unless you try.

• Its not he's 18. Unless your secretly insecure about him being short term in your life.

• Well maybe? He's a tattoo artist & females constantly flirt with him he does shut them down but I don't know like I said I have jealousy issues

• My boyfriend is a year younger than me (closer to a year and a half). I don't think you should give up on a person because they are younger. I know plenty of women who have much younger husbands. Age doesn't matter.