Should a guy always pay on the first date?

Should a guy always pay on first date? Would he like it if the girl payed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oficial first date I wld prefer a guy to pay

Hahah I think I would get downvotes

What Guys Said 7

• Yes I think the guy always should pay on the first date, shows a good sign of faith. If you want to pay go right ahead though lol

• This tradition is only practiced in America as far as I know, in my old country we payed for ourselves always. But I understand it is in your culture.

• I think so, but for me i am scared of having to go on a date right now, it would have to be burger king because my parents have me pay for haircuts and phone bill the whole year and i only have a summer job cutting lawns.

• Aww that sounds tough. But for real dont take her to burger king, just settle for a subways lol

• A burger king is right across from the school everyone goes there all the time. Football game dates are good too.

• Yes. I think it's still what is expected.
    It would just be awkward letting a girl pay for a date I most likley asked her out on.

• I think splitting it is the best way.

• The person who asks the person out on a date should pay.

• yes. and no he wouldn't

What Girls Said 6

• Generally when I've tried to pay the guy stops me, I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 months and he still prefers to pay for both of us. It's a guy thing makes them feel like they are taking care of us (except unlike in the old days they are paying for someone else to make the food rather than hunting or harvesting it themselves) but taking care of a girl makes them feel more "manly". And guys love to feel manly.

• A guys should always pay on a first date. After that, we can split or do whatever.. but if a guy didn't pay on the first date that pretty much means he's not getting a second.

• I like paying for my own food but I think that whoever asked for that date should pay :)

• yes he should pay but it's sexy that the girl insist to pay

• I think the person who asked should pay or each person pays for themselves.

• if the girl asks him out though, i think she should pay. i always offer to pay half because i feel like a freeloader or just guilty when he pays for everything! D: