Am I expected to kiss her on the first date?

I have never had a good date before, but this girl seems promising, and I don't know what is acceptable behavior on a first date. So how far am I expected to go if it goes well. Am I supposed to give her a goodnight kiss, should I be touchy, or should I let her initiate all the contact? I just don't know what I'm going expected/allowed/supposed to do physically.

Also any general advice would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Holding hands and hugging is a general rule to follow, a quick kiss on the cheek is fine. My boyfriend didn't even kiss my cheek for a few weeks and it was over a month before he actually kissed me. .. don't be afraid to go slow. If you don't even think kissing her cheek is good at the time don't worry about it

What Girls Said 2

• Tel her she's pretty... but mean it drum your heart... a peck on da cheek... hug... holding her hand... I mean when you hug her you could pick her up and spin her around...

• go slow! don't do it to early, maybe she isn't comfortable with it, maybe a peck. hold her hands while walking or put yr hand around her waist, trust me she will like it.

• But what if she is expecting me to do more, she doesn't know that I have no dating experience yet and may assume I actually know what I'm doing.

• if she is expecting to do more so she has to wait, let her fall for u not a lot but a little, and being gentle in your first date would be thought v nice. but just go slow maybe a hug will do.

What Guys Said 2

• Hm, at least from a previous question a lot of the girls seemed to like if you would gently and accidentally give her a quick peck before going, essentially kissing her without really letting her notice the moment. She's to know your lips touched, but don't do more than to make her wait for the next date. Make her guess how it'll be when you REALLY kiss her, and make her wonder if it was accidental or not.
    Then on the second date, you give her just that. Greet her with a swift kiss, to frehen the image she got from when you left after then first date, when you meet. When the date is over, you move in for the real kill!

• Treat her with high respect, dont try to even think about kissing her on the mouth on the first date a good night kiss on the cheek is fine.