If a girl asks you out for coffee does it imply it's a date?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• A girl or guy, do you mean? Just wanted to make sure you didn't mistype.

If a guy, he's probably assuming it's a date, even if he asked at work--if it was work related, he would have mentioned specific business items to talk about (or should have, if he isn't socially dense). You can test this by asking him what business related items he wanted to discuss, it will draw out his intention quickly.

If a girl, I would assume it's work-related/being friendly, although I don't know enough about lesbians to give you a knowledgeable answer on that, so if that's what you meant, hopefully another lady can chime in.

Hope that helps.

• girl ask a guy

• Good, bc we work together, and i dont want him to think im asking him out! If after a coffee (that i suggested) works out good, he can ask me out ;)

• If its at work no way but in the streets yes

• yes we work together.
      whats the difference if its at work or in the street?

• Because It turns into a work related meeting. You want a date? Go home shower up put something nice on and have him pick you up and you two go out to a nice dinner have a glass of whine and you have yourself a date. Maybe there is even enough time to go to a movie and you can rest your head on his shoulder and Its all easy from there

• I think it could or at least be like a chat and get to know each other kind of thing. or if its two friends that haven't seen each other in long time I would consider it like a catch up thing but I guess it depends.

What Girls Said 1