Why do men keep in touch after break ups?

I dated someone for 6 months but I broke it off because he acted very hot and cold plus he wasn’t ready to commit. 2 months later, he began to reach out again. He texted me happy birthday and 2 weeks after that he texted me “I never ever stop thinking about you. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you that sooner, I’m an asshole and I suck at communicating. But I really do miss you.” I ignored that text. 6 weeks later he texts me again “I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you’re doing great and I really miss you.” I ignored that too.

My question is, why is he keeping in touch like this? Is he just expressing his feelings or trying to reel me back in? Him and I never had sex so I know it has nothing to do with that.

Just curious to know what your thoughts are. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls do the same thing. People don't like to be broken up and often can still carry feelings after they are split. Especially if they were not the one that chose to break up. In his mind he would really like to be back together with you and is hoping that you feel the same way and will message him back something to this effect one of the times he messages you. If you really don't want to be with him you could follow this process to get him off your back specifically relating to text messages

1.) the next time he texts you, Text him back something like, "sorry I just got this number so you probably meant to contact somebody else."

2.) If that doesn't work the next step is to change your phone number.

3.) If he somehow gets your new number and keeps on harassing you you threaten him with a restraining order

4.) carry through with a restraining order if he still doesn't stop.

What Guys Said 4

• Guys are just lonely, and hope their ex can be a friend. Yes, usually a vain hope, I know..

• It's not always us, it's just who you happen to date. I happen to dislike keeping in touch because it hurts.

• He hasn't gotten over the relationship yet. Especially since you're the one who ended it. Generally speaking the person who got dumped will be more attached, but not always

• Cuz he wants to have sex with u

What Girls Said 0