I asked him if he wanted a casual relationship and he said he was unsure, am I missing something?

I've been dating a guy for about 2 months now and the other day I asked him if we were just a casual relationship. I did not start the question off by asking him if he wanted more, I asked him if he wants to keep things sexual. He immediately started off saying that he "did not know" and then told me that he told 6 women in his life that he loved them and only meant it twice. And then he went on to talk about his ex girlfriend. And then he told me he did not wanted to stop me if I found someone else. At this point I laid there speechless. While I would like a more serious relationship with him I know that is probably not in the cards. But still, I'm at a loss as to why he would give me so much information that I did not ask for.

Could this mean that he likes me more than he's letting on or am I way off?

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't know what he wants right now.
    Have you been exclusive or just sex or what is the agreement?

• We're not exclusive just yet but I don't think he's seeing anyone else since he's a stressed out grad student with a full time job. Right now it's just a whole lot of texting and hookups.

• Ah gotcha gotcha. Nows probably not the time to try for an exclusive relationship, just because of the stresses. Maybe wait till his next break, like fall break then have the exclusive convo?
      Because if he's stressing about tests he might be thinking a relationship is too much to add. But on that break it'll be more about "2 more weeks till I'm free and I have time to play with her!"

What Guys Said 1

• LOL
    He sounds like a fuckin' headcase.

What Girls Said 2

• No, Kris, this was just an Opening in another direction for him when You opened up a can of worms for him to spill his guts out, let you know how he felt and what has been eating at him and with your 'Casual relationship' question that finally Was-----The straw that broke the camel's back here.
    Being that he blabbed All now, do some serious soul searching as to how far you want this dating scene to go with him. He is not only leaving you 'speechless' with his wary mouth words, but is leaving you hanging by a thread as to what may or may Not happen down the road in the future, leaving you even as Road kill for some other schmo to come along tomorrow and pick you off the ground.
    Good luck. xx

• That means he does not want to be in a relationship with you