Do girls lie to save a guys feelings?

So I asked this girl out on Thursday and she said yes, i got her number and i told her i would call later that night. Well around 6 or so i was going to call her and she texted me that her parents didn't want her dating anyone right now. so is that something that you girls say to spare a guys feelings, like i don't assume that girls are lying or whatever its just something that was on my mind.

• not necessarily a rejection
  • definitely a rejection

Most Helpful Girl

• She could have been telling the truth, but you are an adult, (or so your profile says) isn't she too, able to make her own decisions? She cut you off BEFORE you even called. I think she didn't want to lead you on, but didn't want to let you down in person.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• I'm blunt about everything. I won't lie to save anyone's feelings I just speak my mind. Some people call me cold hearted for this.

• If you dont want to date someone you wouldn't give them your number. simple

• Well you see some girls (like me) don't like to hurt a guy's feelings soooo yeah sometimes we can lie about certain stuff to not hurt u

• You can never be sure whether she's telling the truth in situations like this but yea we do sometimes lie to spare a guy's feelings. We know that it can be hard for you guys to approach us so in order to save your feelings, instead of rejecting we kind of just put it off until we can find an excuse and let you down easy.

What Guys Said 1

• I voted B. I guess she was just confused when you caught her off guard by asking her out, so she gave you her number. But later on she probably felt she wouldn't want to date you, so she bailed out by mentioning her parents as an excuse. Its quite obvious.