Is a girls weight a big factor in whether or not a guy will date her?

If you met a girl and she was overweight or underweight but you guys clicked personality wise, would her physical appearance play a role in whether or not you'd date her?

• No, if I like someone I'll date them
  • Depends on much under/overweight she is
  • Yes, I only date girls with bodies I'm really attracted to
  • Other (explain below)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends how she carries the weight. For example a 220 pound woman could look more fit than a 150 pound woman if the 220 pound woman looks like her body is meant to carry 220 pounds while the girl who weighs 150 pounds look like she is meant to be 110 pounds. How she dresses and carries herself matters more in my opinion. I see a lot of fat girls get hit on but I don't know if the guys are using them or like them - I simply don't have time to investigate somebody else's love life to know the difference.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes it will... but don't take that at face value in the negative. All guys have different preferences. Some fellas like a stick-girl, while others like a girl they can hold onto. YOU are you... and there's guys out there looking for someone just like you (however you are). It's true that more guys probably like a fit, toned woman, but there's millions of guys that find them very UN-attractive also. Being confident and having an amazing personality is what will land you a guy that wants and needs to be with you every day. If you doubt yourself, it shows, and that's a huge subliminal turn-off for a guy. Get a guy with your personality, wow him in the bedroom, and he'll be stuck to you like glue... guaranteed.

• The answer is B, but I voted C anyway, because B understates it.

Within 5-10 lbs weight is irrelevant. Going from a good weight, to +25 and +25 to +40 lbs have huge impacts, more than anything else women can change.

• Depends on the person and the weight. If it's too extreme, there's a good chance. If it's someone who really likes them, it won't matter

• Yeah, I tend to date girls with bodies I'm sexually attracted to. Because it's an important part of the whole attraction. But my "ideal" differs from other men ideals, so it evens itself out.

• It's a big factor in physical attraction, and physical attraction is important. So, by extension, yes.

• Didn't read the poll when I answered.

"Depends on much under/overweight she is"

I agree.

• It depends on what size she is. If she's a size zero or morbidly obese then I just won't be attracted to her. If she's slim and slender or is carrying a few extra pounds then that's attractive to me.

• It really depends, a few pounds overweight is ok. But full out obese is a definite no.

• For me yes. A woman needs to be in good shape and live a healthy lifestyle to be with me. The body is also a reflection of the mind. A woman with a great body shows hard work, determination, dedication, self love/worth, and goal setting.

• It depends on how she carries the weight/body type... that's the truth...

What Girls Said 0