Do you think it is a mental condition if you can't get over a crush for years?

It doesn't make sense. There has to be some type of an issue if I am constantly thinking about a guy I have hardly talked to for years..

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to be vulnerable again, like you were at that time. You've filled your head full of a fantasy that never was and as great as it seems, things can get better I promise that.

• I'm not sure if I can be vulnerable like that again to be honest. I was a different girl back then.

• Okay thanks for this!

• You're welcome. If you need aid, misery loves company.

What Guys Said 2

• Got the same thing.

• Have you been out with other guys since then?

• Tons have asked me out and I get hit on often. But this particular guy was just different and I was the one who rejected him at first and then fell for him so it's messed up... anyway we stopped talking so we had a little history and he's gone now he moved so I feel like a crazy person.

• completely different city like 6 hours away I don't want to him back I really just want to move on from him and have a clear mind

• Ok good then he should be out of your life. Now you just need a way to get over him for good

What Girls Said 2

• possibly. i think you just romanticized him in your head. crushes are great in that sense. you never get to know them well enough to start loathing them.

• It's to the point that it's causing me stress though I haven't seen this guy in a year cause he moved and yet I still think about him like that's not normal to me. and on top of that we haven't talked for 2 years so what am i holding on to? like i've gotten over long term relationships faster than this..

• no, an obsession possibly.

• how do i get over it?

• It is possible to get over it. Ask yourself should u get over it and move on? If u can't get in communication with that guy again for whatever reason, let him go. Moving on from someone can be quite difficult-I know. It does take time usually time doesn't heal all wounds but as more time goes on, u can feel better and move on from the guy.

• thank you ill try