How Come Every Black Woman I Meet?

I'm a black guy, and I date women of all races. I don't have a problem with that.

Lately, every black woman I meet, they seem to emphasize how much they love Christ, how religious they are, and how important their relationship with the Lord is. Some even go as far as to preach specific verses from the bible. I see this happen in person and more so on dating sites! Even my mom is highly religious and preaches to my dad and tries to pusher her religion on me as well -_-.

I think that religion is cool and all... but there is a time and place for it.

How come so many black women I keep coming across are super religious? It's a major turn off.

Again... I know this isn't all black women, but these are the ones I keep encountering.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well some girls do it to show off - they think if they act religious - the guy will appreciate them more. I remember a trend back in my old university days where girls would wear dresses to school to demonstrate that they were "traditional" christians.

What Girls Said 8

• you are around a lot of religious black women. it has to be your social circles. im guessing if your mom is like that, she probably associates with other religious ppl, possibly has a church home and a church family? there are lots of black girls who aren't religious. most of us do believe in God but if you keep running into the zealous ones then this is a social circle thing bc there are a lot of us who aren't

• I won't preach to you cause I honestly don't know that much about the bible. But I am Christian and go to church from time to time. I don't really talk about religion that much with other people. The furthest I'd go is by saying that I felt like I disappointed God once before and don't plan to again. In other words, I'd say "Oh Im waiting til marriage." But thats about it. If people wanted a preaching, they'd go to church or read the bible themself.

• Women in my family are like that and it is a bit annoying. I stopped going to church years ago I only go for weddings, funerals, and when I'm just dragged there occasionally. I think it is brainwash and how some people are raised but even I was raised to be that way and decided at an early age to think for myself and question religion. I have met a few super religious guys and it is a turn off for me too

• Christianity is a big deal in the AA community.

I'm not religious though.

• funny my black friends are have little to no religion

• I'm a Christian, and I'm proud of it, BUT it's not like I meet everyone and tell them I'm a Christian and how much I'm proud of it. It's not like before I have sex I'm like "Hey but you know what I BELIEVE IN GOD!!!" Religion supposes to be something you believe within yourself, it's not something you suppose to say out loud and tell people how religious you are. So bottom line, those black women you met are psycho :/

• Fake christians lol

• Buddhist breatharian here...

What Guys Said 3

• it could just be your local area bruh.

• Perhaps your right! Time to move... lol.

• i guess cause blacks have to go through more in life and have to turn to god more often... esp. black women since they get the double whammy of being both black and female.

• LET'S NOT FORGET THE WEAVE! THE DAMNABLE CURSED WEAVE! STOP DESTROYING YOUR HAIR, BLACK WOMEN! IT'S SAD AND UNATTRACTIVE.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THIS?

www.google.co.uk/search

• Lol I don't got time for weave. I'm proud with the shoulder length hair I got

• Maybe they like it. If weave makes a woman happy, what's the problem? I'm natural, and it's actually not that easy to take care of. Some black women wear protective styles, like weave, to save time or simply because they like how it looks on them..

• No. Fuck happiness. I want to see more of this: www.google.co.uk/search

in black women.