I've been bitter for too long? How to change it back?

I used to be a really nice girl. Naive and stupid and got played by a guy when I was about 18... I am a completely different person now. I don't trust guys at all and quite frankly I am a bitch. I am the one who plays the guys and makes them chase me all for nothing.

It makes me wonder if I will ever find love but honestly the idea of love weirds me out a little... I don't like romantic movies at all and find them so cheesy and gross to watch.

I remember being a romantic when I was younger... wanting the sweet boyfriend and all that and now I'm just so bitter and don't believe in true love or "the one" I feel like it was all a lie.

Do you think im right? or should I try to change?

Most Helpful Guy

• Going to extremes doesn't solve personal problems.

Relax and remember that life is constantly changing for everyone. Your thoughts on this will certainly change as well. It's alright to be cautious with guys, but playing guys only further continues the vicious cycle.

• I am 21 now though it's been going on for a long while.

• Life doesn't end at 21. People in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc, they all deal with their own issues, some that plague them for even longer.

The choice is yours for how you decide to deal with it or not.

What Guys Said 2

• Let me know if you change.
    A girl broke my heart when I was 21. You would not believe how she did it. Better than any soap opera script.
    I had a mental meltdown. Six weeks later, when I reassembled what was left of my mind, the folder titled "romantic love" was missing from the operating system.
    I am 56 now and I am still utterly unable to love a woman, not that many women have given me an opportunity. Call me Mr Friend Zone.

• Wow I am really sad to hear this... after 35 years and you are still haunted by it.
      Honestly you need to learn to love and you need it more than I do.

• Sounds like you did not have a father teaching you about boys and how they think.

Sad is that you may be chasing men to find the love that you never had in a father.

• I have a very loving father on the contrary.

What Girls Said 0