Does age difference really matter?

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months now and its the happiest I've ever been. Mentally we are both pretty mature and have a good and stable relationship. The only problem is, im 16 and he is 20. Although its perfectly legal where i live, a lot of people look down on it for some reason. I understand the whole age gap and everything, but does it really matter? we make eachother happy and in no shape or form has he forced/pressured/tricked me into anything. im curious about you're opinions

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you having sex? if yes then it legally matters since that's statutory rape. Your bf, if caught, would be labelled as a sexual predator and his life would basically be ruined.

• You don't know where she lives (not everyone on this site is in the US), it could quite possibly be legal where they are; it would be if they lived in my country.

• most people on this website live in the united states, and in most states the legal age of intercourse is 18

• yes it is perfectly legal where i live, aslong as both partners are over the age of 16 its fine :)

What Guys Said 2

• Not to me, I mean, 6-7 years are the farthest I'll go forward and back. Depends on the mental maturity level of course.

• In what country is 16 and 20, legal, jesus christ

What Girls Said 1

• To me it matters but the farthest I'll go is 4-5 years... you guys have 4 years of age difference so to me its fine (in my opinion) but you know a huge age difference can create a bit of problems of understanding... it always depends on maturity level of the person but but to really understand and communicate freely you should have a suitable age gap...(always in my opinion) :)