By best guy friend suddenly wants nothing to do with me?

My bgf who I found out had feelings for me used to be super close. Then I graduated (he's a year younger) and so we stopped seeing each other as much as our lives got busy... but we still talked a lot and tried to stay in touch. He wouldn't stop calling me. Every time we'd talk he'd ask about my guy life and talk about how he promised he'd take me out to dinner soon. Then things got crazy with his family and he got super distant. Kept calling but i missed them. Finally got a hold of him and he said we were gonna go out, though he something seemed a little off. Still though, he was taking most the initiative so I assumed we were all good. Then suddenly outta the blue texted and asked me to stop texting him and that we both needed to to move on cuz his gf was getting pissed but that we had a great friendship... wtf?

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you know that he had a gf?

• Nope. It's all new to me cuz like a week or so before he was still asking about my guy life and when I asked him about his he'd say he'd been on a date or something with a girl or two but wasn't really interested. He was talking about how he wanted to take me out to dinner and this nice place and promised to do it soon..

What Guys Said 3

• He is just trying to get you jealous and get a reaction... the kid is still in love with you... you should give it a shot, who knows, you might fall in love with your best friend!

• I have nothing to say but my opinion is that when stuff got crazy with his family his mind got confused and he met a girl that reminded him of you and she liked him so theymet and his desprate and confused brain liked someone else's hormones he was weak at that time hopefully this will be helpful advice

• Yea he is trying to make you jealous

What Girls Said 2

• He has no respect for you as a friend, or what you guys had.
    Just move on.

• It's best that you move on, you are the third person in this relationship, respect it and move on as painful as it may seem.