What does it mean when she doesn't want me to pay for her?

Asked a girl from work out for coffee and after ordering I asked "what do you want". She said she was paying for herself and told the barista to do two separate orders. Is this a bad sign? Please comment with your reasoning.

Most Helpful Girl

• She is just trying to be polite - I've done that before. Its just as not to create an awkward situation because you and she didn't actually go on a 'date'. If you do go on a date and she does it again then I would begin to worry if she just wants it to be kept platonic.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm pretty independent so I'd want us to split the bill. I probably would not have asked for a whole separate order though

• It means she is a nice person. I wouldn't let a guy pay for me either. Or she may just be showing u she only wants a friendship

• I actually think it's a good sign. It means she is willing to pull her weight in the relationship and does not want any man to tell her what to do with her life.

• I didn't tell her what to do with her life though. I don't even know much about her life.

• She just wants to pay for herself.
    I do it all the time and it doesn't mean anything.

• If I were with anyone including someone I liked, I would still pay everytime because if I have the money I'm not going to accept someone else pay for me. It doesn't mean anything, it's basically an ego type thing.

• id like to pay myself so its nothing serious.. :) its a good sign that she agree for coffee with you! goodluckk

What Guys Said 0