How would I tell my parents if I ever got a boyfriend?

i'm planning on having one soon and my parents are very strict about boyfriends. The guy that i like that likes me is immature. He likes slutty pics of girls and he swears all the time and i don't think my parents will be happy with that. He even told me that he sucks and i told him he's cute and he told me i was cute and i really like him and i want this to workout. How do i tell my parents or should i just keep it a secret? I don't want them to ruin it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hear you my dad is somewhat the same way I barely go to spend time with my ex when were dating because my father always assumed he wanted to have sex with me but he was never like that honestly. Think about it, would you rather date someone who is immature or someone who is mature? And be careful with sending guys slutty pics because sometimes they can show them to there friends, and then they end up on Google and you can never get them down. If I were you I would think twice if I wanted that guy to be my boyfriend just saying. Have you actually gotten to know him first? And by the way how old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Try to sit down and have a talk with your parents. I honestly wanted to just go behind my father's back because I felt like it wasn't going anywhere. I wouldn't date him if I were you he sounds immature for his age and you don't want to date someone like that trust me. Maybe he doesn't know what a relationship is. Find a good guy and get to know him and then maybe when the time comes introduce yourself to him. And plus you are probably still young for your age, if I were you I would wait till probably 16-18 to start dating. I started dating at 12 years old big mistake I know, I kind of regret it.

What Guys Said 2

• u know the answer already i think... if u want ure parents to agree and go with it then make him act better around them... domesticate his ass like u women are so good at lmao... but no really if it matters that much have him change his attitude at least around your parents... and fyi all guys mature or immature like slutty pics of girls :P

ure parents know a hell of a lot better than u do u try hiding it and i guarantee they will eventually find out then ure sol they will stop u... have him be a man and meet the parents head on... if they say no then u 2 need to grow up a while... speaking as a father if a boy wanted to date my daughter hed better have the balls to come ask me for permission first and ide do everything i could to scare the little bastard out of my house LOL

I don't know how old u are but considering the question your asking ure just not mature enough to be trusted with a relationship and this guy def isnt... w/e u decide to do dont make a mistake and think love is enough to make a relationship last... and def dont think about sex until u and him both have solid jobs... u didn't hear this from me but... if u fool around just opt for oral sex...

• How about you try and let him know what's not right with him

What Girls Said 2

• Okay boyfriends who are smart act way differently I front of parents. That understand there's a way they're supposed to act. Just make sure he know that okay, let him know they're strict

• At least get a good guy to introduce them to. They are probably right about not letting you have a boyfriend since you make stupid and immature decisions when it comes to boys. If you had your head screwed on a little better, they probably wouldn't mind as much as they do.