Why did you Cheat?

Just wanted to know what caused both men and women in a relationship, to do things with somebody outside the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it before, but it was at the end of the relationship when I new it was over. I don't know if it counts as cheating to others, but I've played around a bit with people at the beginning of a relationship when things in the dating stage. I never have sex though... You don't come back from cheating on someone when sex is involved. I know that sounds like i'm just being selfish and want to fool around, but not actually get into trouble, but no. You have sex with someone else while your in a relationship and nothing keeps you from doing it again and again in whatever relationships follow.

• And I would live an open relationship... god I'd love that, if I could find a man wanting to do that., but I'm not even 20 yet. I don't think I entirely want to be serious with someone yet. Haven't met the person worth doing it for.

• Or you still love the person you're cheating with... It's really hard to pry yourself away when that happens :/ thanks for mho.

What Girls Said 2

• I've never cheated before but I have been cheated on, and I think people cheat because they are to busy at looking at what they don't have instead of appreciating what they do have. Instead of cheating if you aren't happy then just leave. I find cheating to be childish as well, maybe that shows that your partner isn't ready for a relationship or even ready to commit.

• I never cheat before
    People do that because they are selfish and not committed, greedy

What Guys Said 4

• I have been cheated on, but I have never cheated. And I have been single for over 4 years now, so not chance of me cheating or being cheated on!

• I don't understand it either. Why not just like the open relationship life if you want to get with multiple people?

• *Why not just live the open relationship life if you want to get with multiple people?

• I have been cheated on. I never cheat and will never do it. Its just a matter of being extremely careful at picking the right woman in your life.

• I have been cheated on, but I have never cheated myself and never will. I know the common stereotype says that men are the ones who usually cheat, but all but one of the instances of cheating I'm aware of in my family and circle of friends, and there have been a lot of them, have been women. Some of the stories behind the cheating I know pretty well, and it's not as black and white as people like to think. Cheating is bad, but cheaters are not always evil people.