I really could use your help, please. relationship advice?

I have been dating my girlfriend for just over two years now. We met playing Xbox and discovered that we lived close, well, about 45 minutes away from each other. We made seeing each other two or three times a week work for two years and I love her with every ounce of me. We would meet up and see each other even for just 15 minutes over coffee. I am head over heels for this girl and she is to me. Only, she's in college now, just over 1000 miles away, and I don't know what to do. I feel extremely torn. On one side, I want nothing but for her to be happy and to meet all sorts of new people and all kinds of fun. On the other hand she is mine, I want to make sure she won't fall for somebody else... I bought plane tickets to see her in the fall, and she is coming back every winter, spring, and summer (her whole family is here). We barely text which I understand- she's busy I'm sure, we call frequently and Skype every night. We send love letters and gifts to each other constantly. When she talks about her future to me it's always 'we will travel the world' and 'we will live in our own place'. The point is, I'm always with her. She's even accidentally called me hubby several times and we've talked about marriage. Everyone I talked to told me to dump her because long distance can't work. Ever. Is this true though? I feel like we were already in a long distance relationship before college and that worked amazingly. This girl is my world, I've never met a girl who I WANT to cook for. Who I WANT to help her clean the house, or want her to meet my family, or for me to meet hers. We both paintball, play xbox, like the same food. I've always lived in poverty whereas she lives in a mansion and flies around the world. She loves me for nothing else but who I am, and I to her. I want to be with her everyday and if I have to wait 4 years for that then I will, but am I delusional? Will she meet somebody else and leave me far behind? I need somebody to tell me if this can work. Please.

• Yes, long distance is hard, but it can work.
  • No, long distance never works, you're a fool to try.

Most Helpful Girl

• It will be very difficult for a long distance to work out. Luckily for you, you know that it will not last forever, because when she will be done with college, then you will not be in a long distance anymore.
    But for you to get there, then it requires a lot of work on both of your part. That means you have to watch out for being jaloux, that might be one of those things that really can ruin it all. And most of all communication is important as H.
    But what you are doing right now is great, you are still talking and getting life in the relationship. But remember that you should not keep secrets from each other either.

What Girls Said 4

• If two people love each other everything can work :) Don't give up. You'll still see each other and skype, and in a few years you'll be together again :) Also, it will get easier with time. Good luck! :)

• Long distance can be the hardest thing ever... but distance only matters to the mind and not the heart and if you truly love each other you can't stop it especially if you guys been together for over 2 years that's long and I wouldn't give up.

• i tired once, even though it did not work out but I do still believe it may work out

• It's worth the try.

What Guys Said 2

• It can work but it requires a lot of confidence and for you to not put any expectations out there. Just enjoy the now and not look into the future.