Girls, is having an antiquated taste in music a turn off?

So I don't really listen to anything from after the 80's and tend to listen to 60's and 70's stuff mostly. (Well, unless I'm listening to classical music, which I do from time to time.) Do you think this is weird? Anyone the same? (Directed at people approximately my age...)

Most Helpful Girl

• there's some good 60s/70s music. But it might bug me if thats ALL you'll listen to. You should broaden your taste in music. You shouldn't only listen to stuff from just one era or genre. I personally couldn't see being that specific in my taste... like I love everything from classical and hymns to really heavy death growl metal, and literally everything in between.

• I am trying to broaden it... I used only listen to classical, then I started with 60's stuff a couple years ago and I've got up to the 80's now... so I might get there in a couple years...

• All of those besides Ah Ha are yeah, but English alt rock was fucking beast in the 80s

• Pretty well every band I listen to is (well, was) British - that's probably a bit weird as well.

What Girls Said 4

• Classic rock is good. Anything else will put me to sleep.

• I like it, never really gotten into newer stuff.

• Wait, there are guys that listen to that...

• I would say yeah... Luckily I don't know any with that "taste"

• Kind of :/ music is very important to me and i typically listen to a lot of current music, alt rock, and soundtrack music... would hate to not be able to share that with a partner

• I'm willing to listen to listen to other things, I've just never really been into newer stuff that much. Would you expect a guy to be into the same music as you?

• I would prefer it because... it's a way we can bond. I would love it if a guy can be impacted by a song the same way i am. I don't expect this though.

• Its a bit of a turn off. I'm really into my music and looove seeing live gigs. I'd be bummed if my SO wasn't into it too.

• that a turn on !

• What type of music do you like then?

What Guys Said 3

• Same here I listen to Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby the rat pack, classical music I love classic jazz. And really any music from the 80s downward to the 1930s or lower for classical music.

• It makes you seem slightly pretentious.

• Pretentious? Moi?

Because of the classical? Or just that I don't listen to current music? It's not that I think it's inferior, I've just not listened to it really. (Yet anyway...)

• In the way that people act like they don't like things that a lot of other people like to make themselves seem different or better. Similar to the "Oh, I don't want TV. I have better things to do with my life" people. If you have your odd choice in music, but don't boast about it, I honestly don't see it being a problem for most.

• When you said "antiquated" I was thinking something like classical music or opera... haha.

• Well I do like classical too, but I don't need to know if that seems weird.