Internet relationships?

I've been corresponding with a man on over50singles. org everyday for about two and half months. We shared all our feelings with each other and many times the communication was intense and loving and deep. So here is my question. When is a relationship real? What does it mean to "know" someone you've never met? What should be the parameters of an internet friendship between a man and a woman? I broke it off with him yesterday and I'm wondering if the whole thing had been kind of a joke.

Most Helpful Girl

• Three years ago a man from Egypt found me on Fb and we had started an Online affair. After getting to know him better on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo where I stayed for 30 days.
    Things went so well that after returning to the states, I flew back over, where we ended up tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for a bit, learning how to be a Muslim's wife, Learning even more than his culture and religion...
    I have been back in the states for over two years now, penyswift, and we still carried on our "Online" marriage. However, many things in our life caused us much strife, Mainly because I have not gone back to be with him. The Middle East has worsened since then and with the "Blows and no go's," there have been many of my own ups and downs, break ups and make ups, making this a Marriage not made in heaven.
    You had your own good sense perhaps' Reality check' for ending what you may have thought could ever be anything More than it was. I don't call it actually a "joke" but a wake up call that you may have come to terms that you may never meet, that online wasn't for you in being hooked at the hip.
    LDR is one of the hardest kinds of relationships to have and to hold And Uphold. It takes two special people to maintain this, be tied down with not only your cam But with your time, and when only one or None are making the effort to keep the lines of communication open or even to compromise, it can go dead in the water.
    My husband was the perfect partner for 'Internet intervention.' He was a loyal dog that never laid down in the corner, was always there for me, no matter what time of day or nite. However, I got weary of the cam seen, always having to look my Sunday best for him and it became a turn off for me finally, which is another reason I am not as good wife to him.
    However, finding the perfect partner closer to home may be a better route for many. But on or offline, it is always in God's hands.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 10

• I think online long distance is possible but there needs to be some reality checks.

Just because you are both lonely and looking it can mean you throw yourselves at each other without the proper checks.

An online relationship feels real when it's online and regular. You match in desire to communicate.
    It's always good to meet to make sure though.

We are complex creatures and one thing that seems true can change in a different setting.

• Internet, sms and email are the simplest way to misunderstand the simplest things.
    IT is always best to meet sometimes to be able to validate the feelings, but it is possible to check life values , tastes and likes on the internet and save some time safely.
    I don't think it's a joke, but a meeting is necessary at some point.

• The feelings can be real, but ultimately if you have no option to ever meet, I don't know if you're using the online relationship as a crutch to not get out there.

The good news is your profile pic is a "hot milf" on several pinterest boards, so I'm sure you'll find his replacement soon.

• how old are you? LOL

• My fiancee and I are long-distance. We met online and have talked every day almost for a year now, frequently for hours at a time. We have visited each other several times and met family, etc. It's definitely possible.

• Yes, it can be real.

Question for you though;

" I broke it off with him yesterday "

why did this happen?

• see ladies, you can still be uber fit and be over 50. If you're in your twenties then there's no excuse.

• i see your point , i think the dating world is better when the internet still not exist.. Old or any socmed is only making people to be less capable to socialized on real life..

• my first relationship was online but we met later in real life it last 4 years though

• internet relationship is one dimensional thing

• Wow your beautiful. seems like his loss you know its not true when you send him pics and shortly after he stops responding because thats all he wanted.

What Girls Said 1

• I met my bf online.. and its almost 4 years now we are in relationship.. we met each other.. family.. and its really work.. i guess communication is the key of LDR