I am 20 going on date with 16 year old?

First of all, before anyone calls me names, she is of legal age here in the state I live in. I have a reference to an official document that proves it.

But before I left my job recently, I met this girl who was 16 and she was my co worker. We would flirt with each other constantly. I finally asked her out and she said yes. We agreed to go out on this Friday coming up.

What should I be aware of and how do I make the date good for us? I have had very little dating experience and I have never had an actual girlfriend before.

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds bad but in reality it could be totally normal hahaa. no judgment bruh:D well just be yourself, first of all, and show her a good time, make her laugh, keep the momentum of the date going, keep talking and learn about each other, take it slow and work at your own pace. just be comfortable around her.

What Girls Said 6

• It may be legal but that doesn't mean the date will go well. You should kind of hope that at 20 you don't have that much in common with a 16 year old.

• Just always remember that there is an age difference, so if you start to think she's acting childish it's because you're dating a young girl. Just be incredibly respectful and don't try and coerce her in any way, also, don't let her push you into doing anything you're uncomfortable with, 16 year old girls can be very persuasive trust me!

• I can act very childish too

• Well I meant it in a negative way, as in emotionally but if you act similar then be prepared for some problems. There's a reason most people don't form meaningful relationships until later in life, it's because they aren't emotionally mature enough.

• There is nothing wrong with the age difference, so don't worry about it. For the date, do something that you both enjoy like maybe bowling, go out to see a movie, her favorite restaurant. Make sure you're on time and that you have things to talk about

• Don't worry about it too much. She's probably excited she's going out with an older guy (Not something I would do myself though as a girl).

• It's not going to happen. She stopped talking to me for an unknown reason. It's not like something like this has never happened before.

• Doesn't matter what happened, it's still creepy that you're looking for virgin girls.

• But not just specifically for that reason.

• a lot of girls at her age are really mature, and i've almost had a relationshipwith a 21 year old guy although i'm 16

• If she's of legal age who cares? Its not a big age gap. Just tread lightly in regards to sex

What Guys Said 4

• She's not your girlfriend. Stop jumping ahead of things. You're going on a date, that's all. If either you or her don't like what happens on the date, there probably won't be a second one. So you're not in "boyfriend/girlfriend" mode yet.

You asked her out - you must have some idea of what you want to do. She is definitely going to assume you do. She probably thinks she is in the hands of an older and experienced guy. The last thing you want to do is come across like an insecure 14 year old expecting her to take the lead in things.

So pick something fun to do. Don't do a movie, because you can't really talk during it. Try and make it fun, try and have fun, and don't decide in advance if you think there should be a second date. See how things go first.

• Don't focus on impressing her with what u spend on her.

The key is to focus on each other, getting to know each other.

A simple date like a smoothie shop is perfectly fine... gives both of u a relaxing, low pressure, public yet slightly intimate, setting.

• Personally I could never date a girl younger than me. Being a 20 year old myself, I personally, could have nothing in common with a girl 18 or under

• I am a virgin (and she likely is too), so that is one thing we share in common.

• But if I stay with a girl that young, she will be more mature within a matter of a few years. The point is I got her early before she has slept with other guys.

• Idky that matters to people. Its really beta to care

• As long as you're not having sex with her you're fine, she is still a minor and you an adult.

• And it is legal even for sex. But I respect girls and only will go for it when they feel ready. I am a virgin too by the way

• Yes, it is the US. I was telling people the otger day about how people are so misinforned about age of consent laws. All you have to do is just lookit up on a trustable source, and you will find many states have an AOC of 16, and many that do not have close in age exemptions, ranging from 2 years to a whopping 10 years in age difference.

• Interesting.