Was that him true self or was he just nervous on the first date?

Hello! I have a quick question, I went on a first date date with this boy last night. He was such a sweetheart, bought dinner, was a true gentlemen, said I still looked beautiful in his eyes even though I was in his babysitting getup lol, and taught me how to play rugby (which he plays) It was all amazing, but he was super hyper and tended to brag a lot about himself and how he was great. Like he is pretty great not going to lie and I know he's pretty confident in himself, but not to where its straight annoying. When guys get nervous do they tend to talk about themselves a lot and kind od brag to maybe make a good impressions? Would it stop eventually? Thank you :)

Most Helpful Guy

• That can happen with guys, however it's hard to say whether or not it's just him trying to keep interest or he's genuinely full of himself. I know I'm a talker in rough situations however (not to brag) I'm also extremely witty and can make people laugh in about any scenario. So maybe he just wanted to keep interest by avoiding the awkward silence. No offense but talking to a woman your into can be stressful and nerve racking and this is coming from a guy who skydives regularly. So it could well be an anxious thing, but to know for sure just go a few more places with him and if he relaxes, then good. Or try bragging up yourself and he switches it back to him that'd be a good test too.

What Guys Said 2

• He could probably want to make a good impression.

• He could just be trying to impress you because he really likes you but if he goes on about him looking good he could be just full of his self

What Girls Said 1

• It may have been nerves and a desperate attempt at trying to impress you. I'd give it one more date. If he's still annoying and cocky, move on.