Does "I'm really busy but..." mean "I'm just not interested"?

Here's the scoop for the ladies, and this is a question primarily for them, I've had two great dates with a girl, and we kissed both times. Great chemistry, laughing cuddling etc etc.

On our third date she cancelled for a work emergency? (Lame I know) so I asked to reschedule and she said she was going to really busy all this week, but she "maybe had some time on Friday?" I said "Great then Friday it is!" She never really confirmed it... did she just lose interest and is giving me the "polite rejection?"

Most Helpful Girl

• If a girl is interested no matter how busy she is she will find time (even if it's limited) in a weeks span. I'd just wait and see what happens. I know she's busy but if she doesn't text you all week and you have no contact then that's a red flag. I'd wait until Friday and depending if she has at least reached out to you during the week id ask if she had time to get a coffee or whatever. If she doesn't say anything to you all week I wouldn't say anything and see if she contacts you herself on Friday. No one is too busy to text someone.

What Girls Said 4

• Either she's sincerely really busy, or uninterested. If it's the former, she should care enough to reschedule.

• Yea she probably isn't interested :( sry buddy

• You jumped on her saying Friday it is. When she said maybe and with a question mark. You're not respecting her time. you should have said Friday works for you and to let you know when she gets work in order. She will probably not say anything until you to and then say she can't.

• Also I don't think she's interested, to be honest.

• I am sorry but usually yes. She is probably trying to be polite because she doesn't want to turn you down in a "harsh" way.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally, if she's "busy" and doesn't bother to work on finding a good date, she's either toying with you or not interested. If she's "busy" but is eager to work at finding a different time, she's still interested. One is her wanting to see you again, the other is her wanting either to be chased or left alone.

In your case, "maybe Friday" isn't really clear one way or the other. Work towards Friday with optimism. If things work out, great. If she continues giving you the runaround, drop it.

• It means she's lukewarm. If you're really interested in her, go ahead. It's probably a tough journey if you're up for it.

• As a general rules; yes.
    It could of course be that she's actually really busy.

• Keep after her. She may be playing hard to get.

• I have taken the I'm busy thing as rejection before only to see the same girl dating some goof ball (dork, doofus, etc.) a few months later.

• That's not bad advice to keep after a girl. There are many who don't know what they want. There is a point when you cut your losses and go onto different prospects. He doesn't have any sunk costs in this relationship so he has nothing to lose by asking questions. It's basic salesmanship to keep after your prospects. If you wait for the world to do something for you, you can just have fun sitting in your mom's basement playing video games and masturbating. You have to seize the day or some dork will be boinking your dream girl. It happens all the time.

• Besides this girl kissed him. She obviously was having fun or has some interest. She may be crazy and maybe she doesn't want a serious relationship, but a girl has fun with you and kisses you isn't something to pass up unless you just don't like her.