Would you date a guy who became homeless?

Just recently I got evicted from my apartment. My Mom and I couldn't afford the rent anymore because it was very expensive, and 5 months of not having consistent work caused me to get into deep debt and neglect my car. She'll be with her sister, and I honestly don't want to live with her anymore for personal reasons even my therapist agrees with.

So just yesterday was the first night I slept in my car and it got me thinking how would I be able to date someone? and how would they view me? The upside is I got a second job while still in school and since I don't pay rent anymore, I'm on my way to being out of debt in a few months, can finally get some new clothes, fix my car, build my savings, and save up to rent a room by February. Yet how would I go about letting a girl know this if I happen to come across one? If you met a guy in the same situation how would you feel about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I could date a homeless guy. I try not to judge people, but this is a little extreme for me. I mean I get it's not really your fault, but I don't think I could do it. Even though this might not be true, I would feel like everything is dependent on me. As shallow as this sounds, being homeless is also has a negative ring to it, and it's a bit of a turn-off for some reason.

I got a question, just out of personal interest, how do you plan to keep personal hygiene, where will your clothes be etc? All in the car? Sounds tough, respect :)

• Well I was paying $650 a month on rent a month, utilities varied. Also car payments, food, insurance, etc, looking about $1200-1300 a month needed, and I'm college student so that doesn't help much. So with that money saved I got an inexpensive storage so I'm not keeping a lot of things with me (it's like a closet now haha), a gym pass which I've used the showers before so it's not a big deal, washing clothes of course I take it to a laundry mat. I'm not poor (well anymore) so if things go well, I could find a place even sooner, but I have to take care of some debts first before I just jump into rent again.

What Girls Said 7

• honestly I couldn't date a homeless guy, I know my family would never accept that and would never allow it. I'd work on your situation first, don't look to date until you find yourself a job and a place to live. If you meet a girl, don't get too atached just yet, stay friends and let the relationship grow. Whey you're on your feet again ask her out.

• Work on getting your self together before you think about dating. I wouldn't date a homeless guy he needs to prioritize his life before he dates.

• Yeah id date him I just wouldn't live with him.

• I wouldn't mind dating you given your situation

• I've been homeless, wouldn't wish it on anybody!!! Was on the streets for 2 weeks and sofa surfing for almost 3 years!!! Homelessness is no way to judge a person! So yeah I would! Hope you sort it out soon x x

• I would date a 'homeless' yes. For me it's not about the money, the clothes or the house..

• I would want the guy to work on him and get his life straight before he considered dating me. Things happen... I would understand if he was homeless... but how can have a stable relationship and he doesn't yet have a stable home.

What Guys Said 2

• Choosing to live on the street when you have other options because of "personal" reasons is perhaps the most childish and ridiculous thing I have heard of. I could only hope that no woman would propagate the genes that played some role in the decisions you made that have landed you in this predicament.

• You've never grown up in an abusive household where the Mom relies on external income to pay bills, and expects you to work to cover everything then, all the while gives you a hard time for trying to balance work and school, and not being realistic that it's not possible to work so many hours and do school full time. Like I said my therapist even recommended me to find somewhere else to live, which I am with friends who don't mind helping. Thanks for considering the depth of the situation.

• How did you get an internet to ask this?

• I work as at a firm as a graphic designer haha