Why is my boyfriends excuse "I suck at treating you well"?

Like I feel like that would be common sense to treat someone right. I feel like he lacks empathy and respect.

Im not asking to leave him I already broke up with him. I guess i didn't make it clear. I'm asking why do you think he says this?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• As you said, he likely lacks empathy. Some people have it more than others, though people SHOULD make an effort to work at it if their significant other brings it up as an issue. If he thought it wasn't important enough to work on, you did right in breaking up with him :)

• He doesn't want you to leave, but he doesn't want to make an effort to keep you happy. He probably wants you to be happy, but he just doesn't want to take that responsibility. Relationships require effort. If he can't treat you well then he can't have you. You gotta let him know that. You don't come free.

• He is lazy and will do nothing to keep you.

• He knows he has you so he won't make any effort. You may have broke up with him but let's see how long it lasts.

What Girls Said 1