Ladies, would you date a guy 5 years younger than you?

I want this girl so bad. She's about 5 years older than me. I thought about it long and hard, at first I told myself that she was too far out of reach, but gradually over time we became best friend and now I want her. Do I stand a chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would. Five years is not that much.

• And the guy I want is 29 and i'm 36 :p

• Thanks. This is what I'm looking for someone who doesn't have (Under 18) next to their name.

I'm 25 and she's 31.

What Girls Said 11

• Personally no because i like older guys but some girls might but it really depends on the age if your "30" and she's "35" thats cool but if she's 15 and your 10 there's no way in hell

• 5 years younger than what I am now? Oh hecks no lol. If I were older... maybe!

You may stand a chance. Never know unless you try for it.

• To me i probably won't date some 5 years younger to me.. In your situation, it doesn't sound bad at all! Go for it man 😄

• I would never date any guy younger than me, but I know quiet a few who would, so you have some chance.

• Yes, but only when I hit about age 27 or 28, that way, if he's 5 years younger than me, he's probably still out of college, or if he never went to college, hopefully he's at least close to having his shit together.

• Well first how old are u and is she way out of your league and do she still have feelings for u But the best thing to do Is stand up and become a man and ask her out if she likes u

• Really i think it's different for different people. But I'd say five years isn't bad

• Pretty sure it'd be illegal for me right now so no lol but if I was older I would.

• Maybe not all women would.

To me 3 years is maximum.

• At my age (31) why not? I'd be skeptical that he'd sctialky stick around though.

• Wow, *actually.

• Yeah. I'm 25... she's 31. We've been best friends for 3 years. I don't think she has to be skeptical of me sticking around. Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it.

• If I were 35 and he were 30 yeah sure, but as of now I'm 19 so... hell no I'm not dating a 15 year old lol.

You probably should have posted your own age on this question because it really depends on how old you are for that to work out

• Oh crap 14 bad math lol (actually I thought to myself 14 is crazy must be wrong and corrected myself) but yeah 14 is even worse! Not happening

What Guys Said 2

• only 5? no big deal. personally i know a 38 yo girl who's dating a 22 yo boy

• I dated a girl exactly 5 years older than me, it didn't bother us.