Am I old/mature enough to date?

Alright, I went over this with my mom and she said "no" only because she wasn't doing the right stuff at my age. I'm thirteen, and pretty much mature, although guys my age are normally underdeveloped unlike me, I've aged a bit quicker then others. My mom claims I'm to young and only little sluts date. I'm silly and loud sometimes, but who says you can't be childish? Sometimes I'm a bit perverted but that doesn't mean I'm going to fuck some guy. I understand she's worried and all but I would never do that. Even if the guy says "do me or we're through" I'd pick through any day. I just don't get why I'm not allowed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your mum is trying to do the best she can to make sure your safe. Just because you refuse sex from a guy it doesn't mean he will listen to you

• That is true, I'm guessing it's a good thing I'm strong. But he pull a gun out or something. So point taken.

• *could pull out. (Sorry about the typo)

What Guys Said 4

• LOL yeah truth is that at the age of 13 mst boys haven't hit puberty yet unlike girls... but personaly i'd like to be that 13 yo boy :P

• Yes you are too young. I mean you're a kid. Go bowling with friends, swimming, pillow fights, slumber parties, sleepovers, camping with family.
    You pretty much want to be a woman way too soon, and when you are -mark my words- you'll regret it.
    There's way way way more to life for a 12 year old kid than dating. Play with the doll and not the dick..

• Yeah I wish I could hang out with friends but my mom doesn't allow that either.

• Maybe the choice of friends doesn't sit with her well. Try getting friends who act their age, are sweet, caring and friendly and introduce them to your mom. She wouldn't have a problem with that

• "I'm thirteen, pretty much mature"

That's what I thought and I was wrong, haha. And I wasn't even that dumb of a kid myself. Technically, you would date people for the sake of dating people and not because you actually like them, which indicates that you probably aren't sure what "dating" is for. I vote for no.

• Yeah everyone does now. XD I guess I think im mature because I was raised around adults. I have no friends my age.

• If you're having to ask if you are, you probably aren't

• I should've been more specific. XD

What Girls Said 3

• I would say no. I regret dating. Guys early bot because I lost my virginity.. but I missed out on other stuff because of boys breaking my heart

• You are only 13 yet still young, don't worry so much about dating learn to love your life while being young. Wait till you probably get into high school to start dating, and just get to know guys for now, don't rush so quickly into a relationship. A lot of older guys don't care much about dating, they just like the thought of getting in a young girl's panties. She understands you won't do that but sometimes guys can force you even if you say no.

• Your mother is just trying to raise you the best she knows possible, now a days the only thing on a males mind is sex. In 22 and I wish I could have waited till I grew up more to worry about guys... Focus on school and finding yourself before you worry about dating. Going on dates with friends is fun... But romantically involving yourself with a guy at 13 is a waste of your youth. I wish I had someone to tell me that at your age.