Does "being in a relationship" mean you are in the love with the person?

In my past relationships, we became official and from there, eventually said our "I love you's"... but with the current guy that I am dating, he needs the "I love you" before becoming official.

For you, do you need to be in love the person to be "boyfriend/girlfriend"?

Most Helpful Guy

• no you don't need to be in love to be in a relationship. it sounds to me like this guy may have been hurt in the past and wants some 100% guarantee to ward off against any potential disappointment or heartbreak. but it's a bit absurd to feel like you HAVE to be in love to be officially dating someone

What Guys Said 3

• no... love will or may come as you learn about each other and spend time... it DOES mean no other dating, facebooking, texting etc with members of the opposite sex

• Yup :)
    tooshort

• Yes it means love:)))

What Girls Said 1

• Being in a relationship does not mean I'm in love with the person but rather, I currently am not interested in being with anyone else and see the possibility of what I feel becoming love.
    The guy you're interested in dosent want to keep his eggs in one basket.