Should I just act like I don't remember what happened?

This is what happened:

I kissed my really good guy friend of 2 1/2 years out of nowhere when we were both drunk. He never pushed me away but he just kept saying that I was a really good friend and that he didn't know what to think right now. Then he kept hugging me while I was trying to kiss him and then we locked in a stare for a few seconds and he said again that he didn't know what to think Then he took me to my room and told me to lay down and he put my covers on me. Neither of us have ever had a serious relationship (although we have had our share of one nightstands and flings with other ppl) and we're both 22.

Should I just act like I don't remember it happening? It was Tuesday, and I just had one of our mutual friends invite me over to this guy friends house? Guys what do you think would be good? And Girls what would you do?

and in case you were wondering...I kissed him because I wanted to and I've liked him for months not just because I was drunk, but he dosen't know that...

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't pretend you don't remember. Lying about it just complicates things. Matter of fact, lying about anything is usually bad, and never gets you anywhere.

I say you should just leave the issue right where it is. You don't need to bring it up, but you don't need to deny it either. If he talks to you about it you should be honest with him about it. Tell him you kinda like him and you just wanted to kiss him to show your affections toward him. Tell him that if he doesn't feel anything toward you, that it's ok. That you're just fine being friends. Just leave it out on the table, and if he decides later on that he wants to pursue a relationship with you he later can, but until he does you don't need to bring it up. Try not to worry too hard about things getting too weird. The stuff I just told you should help to get rid of a lot of pressure. After that I find that in most situations things won't get weird unless you LET them get weird.

Blah... Anyway I'm glad you took a chance on him. It took a lot of guts. I hope things work out for you.

• I'm checking back on a lot of my old answers like I usually do. I wanted to do a follow up to see if what I told you was at all helpful to you. Did my advice help?

What Guys Said 2

• Ha! Ever heard the phrase, 'the truth will set you free'? Well, pretending it didn't happen ain't exactly in line with the truth.

However, your issue is your obsession with what did happen, rather than what is happening. Get with the program honey. Your life is now, not two and a half years ago.

• "really good guy friend of 2 1/2 years"

"I've liked him for months"

So what caused you to like him? Because it sounds like you didn't like him at first.

• I always thought he was kind of cute, just never really thought of him in "that way." We started hanging out a lot and I became more attracted to him. We get a long really well and have a lot in common...

What Girls Said 0