Breaking up for no sex?

I dated this guy and he broke up with me after two weeks because i wouldn't have sex with him yet. Do you think thats right?

Most Helpful Guy

• You might not realize this, but that is an ideal situation for you.

He eliminated his unworthy self from your life, and you didn't have to do a thing.

All he wanted was sex. You, your heart, your soul meant almost nothing to him. And now he's gone.

Was it right he left because you wouldn't sleep with him? No. But there aren't too many things in life that are "right"

Some day you will meet a guy who is interested in your heart and soul. Listen to your gut instinct and you will not miss him.

What Guys Said 17

• I think it's absolutely right. He wanted sex, you didn't - therefore you aren't compatible.

• What's with the downvotes on this one? It's the truth.

• Just look for better signs and make your intentions clear as well as asking for their intentions. Also girls do the same thing... guys just don't care nearly as much because of the way our society has corrupted the image of sex. Girls are made to believe that they are some huge prize and they aren't allowed to openly show that they enjoy sex. In other countries it's a lot different.

• You are right, she wanted to take it very slow he didn't, not compatible, so breaking up is the natural consequence.

• I would wait until we are both ready to have sex. Nobody should be coerced into that or pressured to do something they're not ready for.

• As douche-y as it sounds but we all have a checklist in what we look for in a girl. 2 weeks is a small time frame in my opinion but I guess he just wanted that, you didn't supply it so he didn't stick around. Maybe it was for the better if that's all he was interested in.

• He was looking to hook up, not start a relationship. You and him clearly had very different goals in mind and he left because he wasn't getting what he wanted (sex), that is a perfectly valid reason, although you probably are better off without him considering the timetable he was expecting sex within.

• there is no right or wrong. He simply placed a higher priority on sex than you, so you were not compatible.

• Well, depends, really. I think it's a bit early to call it quits, but some people do manage to end up being in a stable relation even with early sexual elements. My brother's girlfriend was a virgin previously but they ended up having sex like 3 weeks in and been together for the last 3 years.

• Yes, because either he got into a relationship for the wrong reasons and he saved you a lot of heartache. Or you are a prude and he saved himself a lot of time and heartache. Either way of your views on sex, sex drives and particular "kinks" don't line up, that doesn't bode well for a relationship and is a completely valid reason to break up

• No cuz odds are he was only gonna say you were dating so he could have sex with you a couple times and then dump you. Its a popular tactic called "hit it and quit it.

the primary reason for it's existence is so that guys wouldn't have to deal with troublesome wemon that sought to manipulate them while simultaneously juggling 1 or 2 other guys (or more). However it seems that lately individuals
    ( scoundrels) have been applying the method to any situation they encounter.

It now belongs entirely to them.

P. s. I am impressed with myself regarding how scientific this all sounded. :

• Hell to the fawken yessss! He only dated u juz for sex and after he get dat, he will ditch u for good. Thats what most guys do scoring on their 200+ cutie goal. Good thing u didn't let him have his way ir else ur doom and hurt even more if he left u after getting a taste of u. Good job u see through his deception.

• Yep. If sex is important to him and you considered him your boyfriend but still wouldn't sleep with him then he should leave you.

Why would you make it official if you didn't want sex? In that case you might as well still be in the talking phase

• I barely know you, but I will say that I am very proud of you for doing the right thing to dumped him. All he ever wanted to was to get laid with you. Thank god you noticed. I wish most women were like you. :)

media.tumblr.com/.../...line_n937cmfDgD1r6rei5.gif

• You just weren't compatible.

• yes he made a good decision, like most girls you probably have nothing to offer but sex, he made the right call. For me it is one date if i ask or straight away if a girl is so desperate she asks me.

• In my opinion I think that two weeks is a little too soon for sexual activity, holding hands and kissing maybe, but not sex. it's too fast.

• no its not right, good riddens a true guy will wait longer.

• Good riddence

• Two weeks is nothing. For me it's been 2 years and 7 months. If he loved you he'd wait.

• Every month is a great chance of having sex with someone depending on your disposition with society.

O. O

• I don't disapprove necessarily of waiting for marriage, if you are convinced that you are likely to be close to sexually compatible. But I'd require a lot of convincing and would argue -both- partners should too. There are waiting-for-marriage virgin girls i know here who think sex 'isn't a big deal', and there are waiting-for-marriage-girls i talk to here who masturbate literally 5-15 times a day, every day. Each might have a happy marriage. But not with the same type of guy!

If you are being sexually intimate without sex, its much much easier of course to get a feel for how you interact sexually, drive, how you handle drive differences, if they use sex for leverage, if they shut it off when they are upset about -anything- etc.

Sexual intercourse isn't very important, shared sexuality is.

• Thanks for your response kheserthorpe. I understand exactly what you mean. like the sexual things we do, it does give us an idea how capable and compatible we will be in bed one day. And let me tell you there will be fireworks ;)

What Girls Said 7

• You're better off since you're clearly not compatible with each other. He only wanted sex from you but you wanted something more.

• If it's a matter of waiting (for a reasonable period of time - like two weeks), then breaking up is quite overhasty. If one partner really opposes sex for a long period of time, breaking up with them is totally legitmate.

In your case it's obviously the former, but then again try to see it this way - he had different priorities and expectations than you, so you obviously weren't meant for each other.

• Honestly it sounds like you dodged a bullet.

What an ass.

• U did the right thing
    Because it allowed u to see whether he is sincere
    if u r not ready u dont have to do it

It is his loss

• He is clearly an asshole. Do not ever feel guilty about this.

• 2 weeks? I think its great you got away from some idiot that puts sex above everything.

• You're better off.