Why are my parents making a big deal about my relationship?

I'm 15 years old, i play sports, and i keep good grades. My dad always told me he trust me, and he expects me to make the right decisions. Then finally this guy i like asked me out and to homecoming, i said yes to both. I told my mom, and she told me she's would take us homecoming shopping. Then later my dad found out i was dating him and totally flipped out. He said i wasn't allowed dating till i was 16 because all guys want is "to get into my pants" My dad won't even meet him and give him a chance. I dont understand, they say they trust me but won't let us even hang out with parents home?

Most Helpful Guy

• Right, because those few months will *certainly* make all the difference. -_-

Some people do project either their experiences or themselves or their mistakes onto others, thus he probably knows that he wasn't mature enough to want anything else at that time, or he saw that that's what most guys wanted, or saw that now that is what most guys want. Who knows. But it is still... well, to say it that way, immature of him to not give a chance.

I advise you to be vigilant, however.

• I read "till i was 16" and very loudly shouted "ONE YEAR IS NOT GONNA MAKE A DIFFERENCE". Then I saw your comment and was like "see others get it" lol.

What Guys Said 5

• Protective dads are extremely irrational. Unfortunately as a minor, you won't really get a say on this. The guy will also likely flee knowing this. Not many guys can deal with a territorial dad. I usually notice protective parents insisting on 17 or 18 with dating so I don't see 16 as much of an issue. I think that's more legitimate.

You're gonna be stuck under a "my house my rules" concept. Many parents even use this on adult ages with their sons and daughters to force them to move out on their own.

• If you agree and wait till age 16 it shows you have disciplin and respect.

If you go behind your father's back he knows that you are not worth his trust. Around the world it is the girls who fall in love not the guys. Girls trade sex for what looks like love. It is the girls who drag home a guy who gives her a yeast infection and ugly child to make sure her life is ruined for life.

Understand morality does not exist because God is illegal and he is the moral compass. God was replaced by the evil entity called "everybody", who is more powerful than God and rules the underworld. Everybody and Satin are the same spirt. Everybody is having sex, everybody is going to be there, everybody has a boyfriend at my age, everybody will be a homecomming.

What your father is asking is simple, Some girls cannot say no to a guy. A girl will paint a tail on a pig and call him her boyfriend.

• Just be careful

As the odd exception that just want to get to know my gf and sex came much later (we're in our early 20s even!) I will tell you whole heartedly that 80% of guys are mostly there for sex... today... tomorrow... a month or a year from now... esp at your age

• Haha parents are always like that.

• You're his little princess, his baby girl. He is just being a protective dad. He doesn't want his baby hurt. Just wants to keep you safe. He knows what boys are like at that age.

• no, he thinks he know.
      While he does have a point, it's more often than no because parents have a hard time seeing their children as sexual beings. This transfers into an overprotectiveness, so it may sound absurd, but unless she wants him to continue doing so for years to come she should stand up to his father and make it clear that he does not have the final call.
      The problem is that it's behavior that will stick. Would you like if your parents acted like that when you were 20?

What Girls Said 1

• Aww he's just being a protective dad, he probably just remembers the day when he was 15 and what he used to think of girls back I. The day. Guys a dead weird like that they do it the. Selves but when the have daughters they become mad protective over her but it's cute