How come girls can have and share their own preferences or standards for guy, but when a guy says "I like a girl who likes games", they get ridiculed?

I personally think that its really unfair and unfortunate for guys who can't live up to the standards of a girl that they like.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Whoever ridiculed you for saying that you like girls who play games, is an idiot.

• I'm not understanding your question?

• I meant that I see some girls posting photos on Instagram saying like "Omg I want a guy who's over 6 feet" and you know, they're allowed to say that, but when I say "I want someone who plays video games" I get called sexist, picky, immature, etc.

• I've never heard that one before. Most people won't hate a guy that says he likes a girl that plays video games. The person who is saying that to you is just immature and obviously does not know what they are talking about.

• you are right! and i dont know why i think sometimes people do thing but when they see others doing them they dont like them.. we are really strange creatures.. but anyway you should say what you feel and what you like and you have every right.. and its not like girls can do this and guys cant! this is just racist!

• Most people see that as an unattractive quality because they wouldn't want people to play them. But if that's what you're into, who cares what people say or think.

What Guys Said 2

• Because men act, women judge.

Not fair for either in some ways, but that's how things work to some extent.

• Because its the social norm of what attractive and not for now.