I got this guys number! How the fuck do I text him?

sooo if you all saw my question the other day, about having a crush on a guy that works a few stores down from me! well i got his number! but not in the way i hoped.
my friend was talking to one of the girls that work there and told her i thought this guy was cute and attractive, so she went and told him. So when it came around for my store to close i went around giving people sweets and when i get to his store he came to the front and said, "hey i am Marty, whats your name?"
and i was like nervous as hell "my names Ash" *smiled while red as a tomato!!!
"then he goes so you think im cute?"
and i was like "yes"
him - "haha well im 21 how old are you?"
me - "im 18, i better go finishing up closing the store"
him - "okay well have a good night."

i was so upset i thought i fucked up so i went back over and told him
"listen here, i dont usually go asking for guys numbers but i will make the exception with you because i think you are incredibly cute and i would like to get to know you" AND HOLY SHIT IT WORKED i got his number but now i dont know what to text him.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he gave you his number then he is at least a little bit interested. When you text him just ask how he's doing or what he's up to, be sure to use his name in the text (Hey Ash, how are you doing today?) and then go from there, just a normal conversation, if you know what he likes or anything about him then ask about that (If he plays an instrument or if he's in school for anything). If you really like him then ask him on a date sometime, don't wait for him to do it, you may never have him ask if he's shy at all, and ask him in person if you do, not over a text if you can avoid it. Guys are really simple, honestly we just like it if a cute girl wants to talk to us, we aren't expecting anything more than that. :)

• thank you!!!

• yeah i figured, hahaha. its all good :L x

• but thank you so much!!

What Guys Said 11

• Wooow! I'm so happy for you... I would send him a very careful but friendly, spontaneous text message.
    Like "Hey, looking forward to having a nice chat with you... fancy a drink after work one of these days? Sorry I was a bit shy yesterday but I was so positively shocked... I'm just happy. Hugs, and hear you soon :-) ".

The "yesterday" you'd have to modify, of course haha!
    Good luck. You'll see, it will work out. The fact he responded positively says a lot. The important first step has been set. Now let your heart speak :-)

• hahahaha this is so adorable its hilarious. There is not a lot you can do to screw this up, do something standard like wait till evening then ask him how his day was.

• Just say "hey i asked for your number today, remember me :) " of course he remembers you but it's still a cute text lol a girl sent that to me & it was perfectly fine. Guys don't judge based on first texts your stressing too much. If u wait 2 days he'll assume he wasn't that important. Anything basic works don't blow your mind up by overthinking haha

• Haha if he gave you his number then he's more than likely also interested. From a guys point of view if a girl texts first its a great thing, it does not really matter what you say, something like "Heyy, how are you" will be fine and a good start. Don't over think it because if you do, next thing you'll know you'll be turning into a tomato just looking at the screen haha

• I AM A TOMATO JUST THINKING ABOUT IT D:

• NO, he just thinks i think he's cute. but like i dont know should i wait a couple days to text him or text him straight away?

• Not a couple, just like a day should be more than enough

• Don't over think my it anything basic should be alright. If he thinks you're hot he will reply even if it's a lame how was the rest of your night text.

• Well, what did you expect? We're guys, we're much easier. Don't think too much what to text him.

• ITS SOO HARD

• Tell anything that comes to your mind. It doesn't really matter. If you want to ask him out then ask him out. State when and where and thats it. If you just want to say hello how are you today just say it.

• just act interested and ask more about things he do in his free time and yeah smalltalk

• You dont know how to Text? or you dont know what to say?

• DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY D:

• Keep it simple say something like hey Its me and tell him your name and wait for his reply back

• You can pretty much say anything lol relax.

• I dont want to like fuck it up

• i was being serious its helpful but, i dont know what to say. like seriously ):

• Ma boi is right. We aren't like the cuties that get creeped out easily.

• Wtf you don't know how to text?

• It's so funny how you're amazed that it works lol most guys will give their number , all you have to do is ask ;P

What Girls Said 4

• that must've taken a lot of courage. good job ☆ celebrate with champagne ☆
    well... just say ”hi, it's ash. are you working today?”

• Usually what I would do if I were in your situation is wait a few days, then text him saying "hey, it's y/n! Remember me? :)" or something along those lines. I always panic about what to say too, but this is generally a safe bet for me haha. Good luck! Whatever you say, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you!

• but what if he gets the shits that i wanted so long to text him D: ?

• He's gotta be at least a little interested.
    Just say hey, it's ash, what are you up to? or something like that. He's not gonna analyze your text, at least not in a bad way.

Congratz on having balls!

• Whatever you do, use lowercase letters. Just ask him to have lunch or dinner with you or something it's not that big of a deal. Worst that can happen is he says no, and then... well... nothing changes.

• well i guess your right but i dont know, for some reason im just so nervous which i am usually not
      like fuck me dead whats happening to me

• that was mean to say fool - not full.

• Haha damn you need to CALMMMM DOWNNN :P