Are you more likely to be attracted to people of your own ethnicity?

I'm Chinese and I notice that I'm often more excited to see a cute Asian guy than other ethnicity. One of the reasons is probably because I see them less because where I live people are mostly Caucasian. Other than that, I think that have same cultural background and such will connect easier. Although I could be easily attracted to Caucasian guys as well, not so much for really dark-skinned people, though. No offense, lol.

How about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Iv always been attracted to white people like myself and occasionally a few Hispanic girls, but I never knew anything else, so its possible that shaped my views.

Its nothing to be ashamed of regardless, attraction isn't really a choice.

What Guys Said 14

• for most of my life I was primarily or at least found myself more often attracted to white or Hispanic women. I think this was because growing up that is mostly the environment I grew up in and the few black women that lived around me or went to school with me were either not attractive or had really terrible personalities.

when I went to college and was suddenly around a lot more intelligent, well informed, attractive black people my preferences started to change so that I really am not attracted to any ethnicity or race more than another now

• No, because I've grown up in a city surrounded with people from multiple ethnic backgrounds. I've been attracted to all different kind of women with a different ethnicity than I.

• I believe generally that applies to most people. I have pretty high standards for Asian girls though. :X
    I do find myself finding Caucasian girls catching my eyes quite often recently.

• Tsk tsk tsk

• Did you grow up in a country where Caucasian people were majority? Perhaps that is why you have higher standards for Asians - as I find Caucasian girl's are generally prettier than Chinese girls.

• Born and raised in San francisco, but I grew up with American born Chinese kids like my self in schools. So it was like 80% ABCs in school growing up. I think they're on a equal level of attractiveness it's just for me to say an Asian girl is good looking she gotta be like daamm she's beautiful.

• I'm Haitian (black) and I'm attracted to any girl, regardless of ethnicity and race. My attraction is more based on hair, breasts, butt and overall personality, so a girl with a good combo of all of these will attract me lol.

• I was attracted to the Asian persuasion, but since I was raised in the San Francisco area, there were just a lot of them.

• Ethnicity doesn't matter mostly. Hot girls are attractive irrespective of race/ethnicity. And from my experience all are good.
    But i find lots of Indian and asian/chinese girls attractive.

• Well for me im more attracted to white girls but thats onky because I grew up in a predominantly white environment where I was one of thee black kids in my school so all I saw was white girls everywhere and the attraction to them grew

• A lot of people tend to like what's familiar. There's nothing wrong with that. A lot of other people like to explore new things. Nothing wrong with that either. Just like who you like. Don't let people tell you who that should be.

• I've been attracted to women of all races. I more frequently find East Asian and Caucasian women attractive, but the most attractive women I've encountered were typically of African, Arabic, and Amerindian stocks.

• Yes I do since in my opinion my ethnicity has the most beautiful women on earth.

• Probably yea it explains why I have only dated Biracials and Hispanics.

• Not ethnicity but same race (white girls in general)

• Nope. I'm way more attracted to white girls.

• I'm attracted to hot girls, regardless of their ethnicity...

What Girls Said 11

• Funny I'm more attracted to Dutch men than men from my ethnic background. BUT that has mostly to do with attitude. My ethnic background is Moroccan and I'm not a big fan of the Moroccan-Dutch guys. Misogynistic mentality is a HUGE turn off for me. So basically I stay away from men from countries/cultures that are very misogynstic. Hence I date native Dutch men. They are in general far more emancipated.

• Ya it's quite common. We like people like us. Just different enough to be a good genetic match. But people that look more like you give people a sense of security and belonging, which is what we all look for.
    There is a lot of research on women liking men that shares some facial structures with their father. Same idea.

• Its about the personality or the culture they have? first. I'm not particularly attracted to anybody due to a skin colour or ethnic bckgd first.

• Well, personalities aren't bound to ethnicity. But the environment they grew up in does influence it, I suppose. If you're from different backgrounds, the cultural difference will always be present - not that that's necessarily an issue - unless one was adopted or something.

• It will be about their diverse life experiences and upbringing that makes them attractive though.

• I'm half Chinese and I am not at all attracted to the guys. Mostly having to do with the fact that I know what their personalities are like.

• What are my peoples personality like that you aren't very fond of?

• Orientail Asians are a huge difference from local born like ones born in america, canada, and European countries.

• He's from China.

• I don't find any ethnicities particularly attractive, tbh.

• I seem to be more interested in guys that don't speak the same language as me.

• That depends on where you grew up.

• nope i dont

• I'm no more attracted to those of my own race than other races.

• I prefer Asians. I'm white.

• I am more likely to marry someone within my own culture or race. I have had bad experiences with white and Asian men and I think it's better I stick to black men. The guy I'm dating is black and he respects me and cares about me and he is fun unlike the white and Latino guys I have met