Did I make a mistake asking the guy out?

I really like this guy and we only talk when it's just us two or on Facebook so I decided to ask him out for drinks with my friends but he told me he had plans with his friends, but I could join him. Of course, I told him I couldn't because I mentioned to him I had plans so he said if his thing finishes early he will text me (he hasn't ask for my number yet). Afterwards I saw him but he didn't say hi or bye to me... ignored me as if I didn't exist. Did I do the wrong thing asking him out or is he not interested?

I think he's attracted to me because whenever we talk he gets red easily or he constantly asks questions about my life. Whenever I say hi for some reason his eyebrows always shoot up.

First time I've asked a guy out and took a leap of faith. I don't want to waste my time on someone who isn't interested or possibly playing games.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's just shy and probably inexperienced with girls. I used to be really shy and I would only ever talk to girls online or in person one on one (if they initiated haha). Try inviting him to something just the two of you. Definitely don't be afraid to be the one making the first moves because that's kind of just how you have to handle shy guys.

... if he's not shy or inexperienced at all... I don't know what to tell you haha

• He's not shy when he's with other people, I can always hear him chat with his friends. I don't want to invite him somewhere just the two of us because I think I need to know more about him in order to make that step?

What Guys Said 5

• He sounds flakey to me. But asking the guy out first is awesome. Guys love it. it shows you have actual interest and that your not going to be stuck up and high maintenance. so even if you pass on this guy, which I suggest, I urge you to not hold back from making the first move in the future..

• You did not make a mistake even if he wasn't interested at least you will never let it linger over your head and you can move on, I applaud your actions.

• Keep trying to talk to him. If he keeps ignoring you then it's time to move on.

• Nah. Just go for it.

• Definitely made a mistake. He seems like a little creep

What Girls Said 2

• Just continue to speak if you see him, if he ingnores you all of the time, its disrespectful! and I wouldn't give him the time of day. You have done nothing wrong. It was a nice gesture you made. So dont waste your time if he keeps ignoring you. If he does speak though just wait for him to make the next move. The balls in his court now, wait for him to thow it back.

• Don't worry if he made eye contact with you then he knows you saw him he's probably shy but you shouldn't regret your actions ^-^ it was a very courageous