Screwed up things on OKcupid?

so I met my perfect match on OKC. we're talking & it's going great. but it gets time where I need to ask her out and instead of asking her out I got nervous and gave her my # and asked her to text or call me. she didn't & didn't reply either.

I realize I screwed up because as a guy I need to take initiative. what can I do to fix this & ask her out?

Here's what i wrote: " that's really awesome it's so satisfying and brings so much joy when you help someone in need & even when you're probably having a bad day, you help someone and your day feels like you're floating on a cloud. Tell you what, as long as we're talking, let's do it on the phone so we can hear eachother’s voice and make sure neither of us is a complete weirdo before we continue this Conversation ;) my #s xxx-xxx-xxxx. Call me or text me your # and let's chat."

Most Helpful Guy

• You're overthinking this stuff. I personally limit my messaging to like 5 short messages and ask her for her number from there.

Believe it or not, most girls are actually just using the site for attention. These sites are just another attention craving social media outlet for them to put up their "pretty" photos and receiving compliments. Girls have admitted that even on this site. So if she doesn't text or call you, she was actually just using you for attention all along.

Do not get caught up in too much messaging unless you get her number. You just get strung along and she'll stop replying. If she's "too nervous" and says garbage like about kidnappings or whatever got posted in the news she's basically indirectly accusing you of being a kidnapper whether or not she realizes it and she shouldn't even have a profile.

I've met girls in person off these sites years back, very few of them even match their photos and they have literally dozens of guys contacting them regularly if they put up the right photo (s). Do not give them any priority in your life if they do not meet you in person. Hell, be lucky if you can even meet one who isn't fat, on drugs, a heavy drinker, of a single mother with a shitload of ex-boyfriend drama. Because especially on the free sites, that is truly what a majority of the girls are.

What Girls Said 1

• YOu should have just said. "I really want to hear your voice. Please call me." What you wrote sounds too cold.

• ouch... Ok thanks. is there anything I can do to fix it?

• Thank you! she wants to meet up next week! God bless you so much Ms. Annon.

• no problem, glad to hear it worked out for you :)

What Guys Said 4

• You mentioned "weirdo" and that probably set off a land mine in her head.
    Never mention anything negative, cause women are fucked in the head and will automatically associate it with you.

• the next time stop overthinking. think that you can do that shit and have self respect, you just keep talking like a normal person, if you both work then you ask her number, keep things going over whatsapp or else and later when you want a date you don't text but call her.

• I screw up all the time everywhere. It is unbelievably easy to screw up. My most latest example was @CarolinaGuti.

I can create an entire list of rejections, an incredibly long one that is. It is one small word or statement that will end it all, and they do not usually even bother replying.

• Oh yeah, I have been on OKCupid, myLOL, and some others, same exact problem. You get so close too, then that mistake shatters it into trillions of unfixable pieces.

• YOOO I fixed it. she wrote me & wants to meet up next week. what worked for me was I was just honest about it. I told her look I'm sorry that was really weird. I know how passionte you are about exercise & I'm going to go for a run this weekend. would you care to join me?

• Consider yourself lucky. I tried that, failed plentiful

• You came off like a "to catch a predator" violator.

• damnnn see I meant it as a joke cause a lot of times people are so scared so I thought a harmless joke would be ok.

• Don't say anything else it'll just bury you deeper if you leave it at that she might reply cause you aren't coming off all insistent and serial killerish.

• ok will do. thanks!