Why would a guy ask if I have a husband or kids?

I asked our head chef about the employee picnic that's happening this weekend, and if he is going. He then said yes of course and bluntly asked me, "So are you taking your husband and kids." It freakin' threw me off because I'm only 23!!

I laughed it off and told him "I'm single" and walked away. It was also my chance to ask him if he is single, but I didn't- DARRN!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I sometimes ask stuff like that when I am interested and want to know, Like this one girl was smoking hot and talking to a good looking guy I was like look at that cute couple and then someone was like " Their cousins and she's single" Thanks for that information is what I am thinking but I just said in a surprised voice oh I see. It could also be they need to know how many people are going and you might seem older. I am 21 and people think i'm 25-26 a lot actually. I actually got invited to a house party were I only know one person and am not sure if they know that I'm single that'd be awkward as fuck being the only person alone there...

• so basically when a guy is asking it in a subtle way that way, I'm assuming he's single too?

• @silkteddy Sorry I can't speak for other guys I am pretty unique I am more of a thinker than many others so not sure :/

What Guys Said 3

• Don't you think it was a good move for knowing your status without additional suspicion?

• I suspect that too, but who knows :)

• Head count.

• He wants you to have his kids! Isn't it obvious or am I reading too much into it as you are?

• lol what does that have to do with his kids. I doubt he even has kids.

• He want to impregnate you is what I mean... but wwwwhhhooooshhhhh nvm

What Girls Said 2

• .. Because he wanted to know if you where single? Obviously. And lots of 23 year olds, have husbands and kids.

• Lots of 23 year olds have husbands and kids. He was probably getting a rough estimate on how many people were going